Heroes don't break

Começar do início

You tried harder and harder to breathe through the tears but your breath even started to give up on itself as you heart continued to ache in pain.

But you couldn't stay there all day unfortunately so you cleaned up removing all sign that such a confident guy could be so broken inside.

You had been crying, well sobbing so your voice was still cracked and the words caught in your Throat stopping outside the office"Why is there a desk here? I left for like five minutes" you asked looking down to the identical desk opposite yours.

"Thirty actually...but yeah." Winn corrected but as soon as he saw your broken expression he smiled weakly trailing his words of into a whisper.

Ms Grant smiles, she was the only one who didn't notice the change of your despair mostly because she knew if she looked at you she would break down her walls in a instant. "Meet Siobhan." She introduces waving over the other girl from her office.

"I'm sorry, who?" You asked raising a brow as she places her hand out in front of you. You glare down at it and cross your arms across your chest clearly not amused for playing nice.

"Siobhan Smythe." She smiles retracting her hand from the air awkwardly.

Cat cleared her throat even though she was already enjoying the tension between the two of you. "Well, I could see that your job was beginning to strain your abilities, so I took it upon myself to hire another assistant to help you." She chuckled nervously. "Assistant number one, meet assistant number two."

You watched the side profile of Cat as she continued to address Siobhan. "I'm two?" You whispered under your breath to yourself confused to why the woman had gone out of her way to make your life harder even when knowing that you had better things to worry about than a stupid desk job.

"Get Olsen and lane in my office"

"On it." Siobhan takes it with a wide smile that only made you want to puke at her butt kissing personality. You stay for a second watching the girl burst through the office belonging to James.

Cat walked away still pretending that you didn't exist to her and sat behind her desk taking the top of the pen to her lips. "Ms Grant"

"Cover the phones." She waved her other hand dismissively trying to get you to leave but she should know by now you weren't that easy to get rid of.

"You're not being serious right now?" You scoffed to the coldness that was radiating from her.

She shots her glare directly at you but it somewhat softens under the look of your pale face. "Oh deadly, I thought maybe I'd bring in someone to even the load you look stressed." She throws the pen down softly waiting for you to say something that would put her at ease.

"I'm fine" you repeated for the millionth time from the couple of days that had been the worse days in a while. You couldn't force a smile but it didn't matter, it seemed like Ms Grant was already bored in your presence.

"And yet you're still not taking the calls" she explained drly taking her glasses up to her face pretending to be interested in Karas new report that was placed on her desk with a mountain of other materials.

"You know what- FINE" you said shaking your head, you're voice started of soft almost fragile, as if your heart would break any minute. But the again your heart was already broken.

Cats blue eyes trails after you and she stays put even when her mind is telling her to follow you. To apologise, to comfort you. She stayed glued to her chair and continued the charade of being someone that just didn't care even if it borrowed under a skin, poisoning her from within.