𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩 - 𝐓. 𝐘𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢

Typically, soulmate marks didn't appear until an individual was ten years old the universe deciding that it was then they would understand the meaning. That was the current situation with Yamaguchi, his had not shown up at all.

"You're nothing but a loser without a soulmate!" A cruel boy teased having taken Yamaguchi's backpack tossed it behind him followed by shoving him back causing him to trip over it landing harshly on the ground.

Yamaguchi held in his tears by biting his cheek staring up at the bully his lips pulled into a tight line. Suddenly a shadow loomed overhead fear appearing on the bullies' faces. "Lame," a condescending tone remarked a smirk plastered on their face. Fear rose in the bullies at the sight of a severe expression on the taller boys face. "See you around Yama-loser," they called out striding off tails tucked between their legs.

Yamaguchi tilted his head back to see a tall blonde with glasses eyebrow arched staring down at him, "Get up," he remarked. He scrambled to his feet, "Thanks Tsukki," Yamaguchi smiled meekly. Tsukishima rolled his eyes walking away the freckled boy rushed to grab his backpack before chasing after him.

At school

He was sitting in Dotoku when a weird sensation appeared on his arm glancing down he gasped as words were written on his skin.

'Hi I'm (y/n) it's nice to meet you! : )'

He was confused, "Yamaguchi is there a problem?" Yanking down his uniform jacket, he shook his head no, eyes wide, arching her eyebrow in disbelief the teacher returned to their lecture. A small smile appeared on his face, his soulmate had finally reached out. Racing down the hall, he searches around for Tsukishima face brightening at the sight of the blonde striding down the hall, "Tsukki!" He yelled waving his arms the latter grimacing at the noise. "What," he drawled Yamaguchi thrust out his arm the words smudged thanks his uniform.

'Hi I'm (y/n) it's nice to meet you! : )'

"Okay," the blonde responded Yamaguchi shoulders deflate slightly, "They reached out!" Tsukishima leans over his golden eyes narrowed brows furrowed, "Hmm," he turns striding off. Confused at his response the freckled boy chased after him.

"Do you know what it says?" He huffs catching up, "No." Pursing his lips Yamaguchi traces his fingers along the words Tsukishima pauses before a classroom jerking his head to the right.

"But they might," Yamaguchi looks up noticing a teacher seated at their desk working on something he reads the plague on the door 'Umeda foreign studies.'

"Tsukki-"

He turns frowning at the absence of the boy, "Can I help you?" A voice calls out he flinches raising his gaze taking in the curious expression on the teachers face.

"Uh," he hastily slides the sleeve of his shirt down the teacher's lips quirk up.

"Come here," she waves him in he stumbles into the classroom heart racing in his chest.

"Hold out your arm," Yamaguchi pushes up the sleeve the words further distorted. Umeda leans over, head tilted quickly scribbling the sentence down, "Do you know what it says?" She questions Yamaguchi shakes his head no.

"Do you know what language this is?" Again, he shakes his head no, "It's English."

Yamaguchi tilts his head his confused demeanour making Umeda chuckle, "It says, Hi I'm (y/n) it's nice to meet you." His cheeks flush red heart hammering at the (y/n) excited to have finally learned something about you.

Grabbing a wipe she wipes the ink off his arm, "Do you mind if I respond?"

"N-no," grabbing a pen she scribbles on his skin Yamaguchi pulls his arm back when she finishes, "There are two countries that are known for English as their first language." She patiently explains, "America and England. That says 'American or British."