Chapter 67 (edited)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah you probably did." He shook his head. "And it's not my fault. You keep going, like you always do."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh shut up, you like it."

He gasped lightly and pointed away. "Y'know what? Just go."

"No!" I wrapped my arm around his neck, pulling him close. "I'm just kidding!"

"That's not funny." He whined.

I kissed his cheek. "I know, I know. I'm sorry." No, I'm not.

"But you really should go." He sounded serious. "They're stalking the clinics today, they probably need you."

I sighed, I didn't want to leave either but I knew this needed my attention. I probably wouldn't be seeing Roy for another 4-5 hours.

"Okay." I kissed him one last time before standing up.

"See you tonight." He looked all sad and shit, as if this is the last time we'll see each other.

I smiled and waved, I made my way to the closet clinic.

A few hours had passed and Miles came to get me and Marcoh. Apparently, some dumbass misplaced some documents, important documents.

And since no one knew which ones, that meant that all the documents had to be refiled.

We sat at a table looking through forms that someone had mixed up. I honestly wasn't sure what happened, I just had to sort through the file I was given.

I handed Marcoh forms I had no idea what to do with. "I'm not sure what to do with this."

He took it from me, looking it over. "That goes over here."

I didn't even know why we had so many forms here in the first place.

I sighed, tying my hair back. I was annoyed, I hated this kind of shit. Why did I have to help?

(Roy's POV)

I watched Hunter tie back her hair from across the table, honestly, I was mostly looking at her neck. I liked her neck-

The nape of her neck.., her collarbones that peaked out just a bit from the collar of her blouse, it was.. pleasing to the eye.

And the way she sat, her arms outstretched, certain parts of her chest-

Okay.

I felt my stomach flutter and... that warm, hot sensation in my body. I gazed at her again, not at all paying attention to anything else.

Havoc snapped his face fingers in front of my face. I flinched harshly, annoyed that my view was obstructed; I glared at him.

He smirked. "Enjoy the view? I've been talking for three minutes."

He shuffled through papers. "If General Devlin catches your attention this much, maybe I'll ask her to give you the reports." He put the files in front of me.

I chuckled. "I'd certainly enjoy it more." I smirked as I picked up the files.

Havoc shook his head. "You two-"

"Ew!" Falman yelled from across the tent

I shut my mouth and looked at Hunter, thankfully she was too annoyed and wrapped up in her own files to even pay attention.

I... shouldn't have said that in front of him... I didn't even know he was here-

I pretended to flip through the reports.

He's gonna tell her. He tells her everything!

"Falman.." His attention was on his books, snapping his head up and glaring at me when I called him.