But Jimin just did!

Worried, Hoseok starts thinking if he did something or if he spoke rudely to his boss last time they met for him to be acting like so. And then the scenes of furious Jeongguk and equally furious Jimin after his date played in his mind. Nodding in judgement, Hoseok thinks that's probably the reason Jimin looks mad right now.

But he texted me that night and he didn't sound mad.. Hoseok thinks again, But then again, he also didn't text me the entire day yesterday after that. Ugh, it's so confusing.

Too deep in his confusing thoughts about his friend and his boss, Hoseok fails to realize that it is now the lunch time. Hearing the buzz go off in his mobile phone, he sighs as he turns off the alarm and starts setting his files aside.

Getting out of his office, Hoseok sees that his boos is not in his office like he has expected him to be. Which leaves him wondering about his whereabouts, because Jimin had nothing scheduled for today until three o'clock, an hour later his lunch hours.

He shrugs as he exits the large office suite. Making his way down through the elevator, Hoseok opens his phone to check if he has some unread texts,— which, honestly is not really required, seeing he barely texts anyone besides Yoongi, sometimes Taehyung, and now Jeongguk ever since he's back here.

My life is so fucking boring, Hoseok laughs drily, It's almost like people wouldn't know of my absence if I ended up being dead somewhere.

His thought is interrupted by a ping sound his phone just made. He checks his phone again, and it was Jeongguk's text.

My Gguk–ie <3
Text me when you can, hyung.

Hoseok looks at the time, and realizes he still has got a lot of time left in his hand until the lunch hour finishes. So, he texts a quick I'll call you in two minutes, to the younger and waits for the elevator to finally stop at the ground floor.

Instead of going to the canteen present in the same office building, Hoseok opts to go to the small restaurant present around at the corner of the block. The restaurant is barely just five minutes walk away from the building, and he doesn't mind walking for some time.

On his way to the said restaurant, Hoseok dials Jeongguk's numbers as promised and waits for the younger to pick his call up. He checks for replies in the mean time and sees there wasn't any new text from the latter.

Frowning when the line gets disconnected, he waits for another two minutes to call the younger, only for his call to b redirected and then get cut abruptly.

A little series of text follow the rejected call.

My Gguk–ie <3
Sorry, hyung.
Cannot talk over phone.
I will crash at your place
tonight.

I mean, can I crash at your
place tonight?

Me
Sure. Why are you even asking
me for that? You know you can
come to me any time you want
to, right?

My Gguk–ie <3
You make it sound so
effortlessly different, hyung.

Anyways, see you soon then.

He frowns at the text. What does he mean by saying that? Sighing, he locks his phone and puts it back in his pocket, after which he proceeds to order a lunch for himself.

He was so excited for today, but he thinks he will have to tone down his excitement a little, seeing how he was rudely and abruptly called out by his boss in front of the other employees in the meeting room.

Jimin looked red in anger, "Is this how you do your work, Mr. Jung?" But the tone he used wasn't loud or anything of that sort. It was composed— yet it gave chills to Hoseok.

"S— sir, I," Hoseok utters, although he finds it hard to explain himself, especially when there are many pairs of eyes looking at him right now; some looking at him with empathy, some nonchalant, while some of them were annoyed at him. "I apologize."

The boss throws the file at Hoseok's chest, "You're not being paid by me to make mistakes and then apologize. You were successfully able to ruin the entire meeting today, congrats." He spats. "The meeting is dismissed. And, Mr. Jung? You are required to stay after the work hours and make sure you finish all the work properly before you leave today."

And with that being said, Jimin leaves the room, the rest of the employs soon following after.

Hoseok stays in the room, all alone and in the verge of crying because it really wasn't his fault his boss gave him the file ten minutes prior the meeting and told him to rectify whatever the mistakes were the in the file which was initially written by one of the other employees.