Adopted (but not really) pt 1 ~Ranboo~

a/n: BACK AT IT WITH THE RANBOO ANGST AHHA. help. but also! this story is literally my longest one so far, 2050 words, so please read.... ahaha. also also, im discontinuing my vidcon story. it was stupid lmaooo. This will be a new series in the oneshots

TW: abuse, panic attacks, the shitty foster care system, death

Ranboo had been in the foster care system as long as they could remember. Which, honestly, wasn't saying much. Hopping from home to home wasn't the best childhood, especially when the majority were abusive. They could live with it, though.

Most homes they had lived in gave up on them immediately. Their record of being kicked out was 3 seconds! It turns out, the person supposed to care for them was murdered! How fun. The only other house they hadn't technically been kicked out of was an old lady's home, who's name Ranboo couldn't remember. Nothing new, but they felt quite bad about it this time. She had given him cookies, and bought them clothes. It was almost like a movie to Ranboo. Sadly, she had died a few months after Ranboo's coming there.

As they thought about their entire backstory they remembered that they were being put into to a new home the next day. Fun. Although, it was a very rare occurrence for them to remember something they'd forgotten on their own, so they supposed they should be grateful for that.

They plugged in a pair of headphones into their phone, their two most expensive items. Blasting Lemon Demon in their ears, they tried to block out the screaming of other children.

***

The next day, they got ready to head to their new "home". They knew it would just be temporary, anyways. They heard someone say the person they were staying with was named "Phil". He also apparently had 4 other kids. Ranboo was soooo excited.

They were not excited.

The only experience they had with another kid was when an old man (who abused them, as most did) had a son who he treasured above all. He liked using Ranboo as an example of how good his own son was.

But four? Ranboo was not at all prepared.

On their way there they stared out the window and once again blasted music through their headphones. They wanted to cry so bad. They had to keep reminding themself that, in one year, they'd be out if this stupid system. Granted, they would probably die on the streets, but oh well.

They took their headphones off as they reached the front door and rang the doorbell. "WHO'S GOING TO GET IT?" someone screeched.

"DIDN'T PHIL SAY THERE WAS A NEW KID COMING TODAY?" someone else shouted, seemingly from across the house. They were allowed to do that?

"SHUT UP WILBUR NO ONE ASKED YOU!" the first person shouted once more. Wait... was that a British accent? What?

"Both of you be quiet, the poor boy's probably scared out of his mind now." Ranboo flinched at that word. Boy. Ew.

Finally someone answered the door and the lady who had escorted him to he door put on a smile. "Hello, mate!" "Phil" said, seemingly directing it at Ranboo.

"Hello s-sir." Ranboo stuttered out. Shit, Ranboo, you know they hate it when you stutter.

"No need for the formalities, just call me Phil! I'm sure you heard Tommy and Wilbur in there, sorry about them. They're quite loud sometimes. They won't hurt you though, don't worry about that." Okay, so this was Phil.

Surprise, surprise, Phil telling them not to worry didn't make them any less worried. "Okay, I'll show you to your room, do you have any more luggage or is it just that?"

Ranboo glanced at the bag on their back, wondering if this was a trick question. "Um... no this is it."

"Alright, well, come on in, mate." Phil told them.