Help is on the Way

Start from the beginning

"Trust me, I have a stomach of steel. I could eat all day." I went over the counter and he held out his hand. "Shall we?" I was hesitant and then I took it.

"We shall." We went over to a local Bruegger's Bagels. I ordered the usual and he ordered a tuna melt on a bagel. Adrien used to get that when we went together for projects and stuff. We talked for like a half an hour. "Anyways, where did you move from?"

"Gotham. Also, I never got your name." If he's from Gotham, he's gonna recognize me.

"M-Marinette." He was wide-eyed.

"As in Marinette Dupain-Cheng? The famous fashion designer from Gotham??" I nodded slowly.

"Yep, that one." I giggled nervously. He grabbed his hair out of amazement.

"I'm Damian Wayne. My father had a deal with your business?"

"Oh my gosh! That's why you look so familiar! I hung out with your brother, Jason, as a kid! I forgot to mention that. If I didn't know him, I probably wouldn't have done that deal.

"You got to come to Gotham again! My family talks about you a lot."

"Oh, I don't know. I mean, I can't leave Paris. I have responsibilities here."

"Like what? Are you Ladybug or something?" He chuckled. That was fake.

"That was a fake laugh. Also, you never told me what was wrong."

"Oh well, when I was 10, I moved in with my father. I used to live with my mother. At first, I was unknown by the public. They had no idea I existed. 2 years later, I was introduced. Someone figured out that I was in his possession for longer than he said and they told the whole internet. People thought he didn't mention me because he was embarrassed. Really, he was just unable to prove that I was legally his for a while. Now, he sent me here to model for a local photographer to prove that he is not embarrassed of me. I'm just not happy that he cares so much about what the public thinks of our relationship." Liar.

"That's a lie. I'll admit, it was difficult for me to pick up your heartbeat. What is really making you fake your happiness.

"Ugh, you caught me. The real truth is that I have not enjoyed Paris at all."

"My gosh!"

"Huh?"

"What is your problem? Tell me what is wrong! Stop pretending everything is ok when it's not! You need to be open with your emotions! Don't ignore the abuse you take! Fight back and tell people about what happed so they can help you!!" I was crying.

Damian:

What is she talking about? I can't tell her that I came here to watch her and bring her back to Gotham. She won't come if I did. Maybe this isn't about knowing what's wrong with me. She just wants to be there for someone who feels the same way as her. This isn't about me. This is about her. I got out of my seat and hugged her. She hugged me back. She got out of her seat and we sat on the floor. She cried into my chest. A waitress came up to us and said that we had to leave because we were disturbing others. Mari was reluctant to go. She was clinging to my shirt. I picked her up bridal style and carried her out of the restaurant. I saw a guy running on the rooftops and coming towards us. I looked at Mari and she fell asleep. "Hey! What are you doing with her?" He was mad at me. Not sure why, though.

"I'm just carrying her out of this restaurant."

"Well, she is my girlfriend! Keep your disgusting hands off her!" Oh, I didn't know she had a boyfriend.

"She didn't say that she had a boyfriend to me."

"She would never talk to a random guy like you!"