Chapter 14

The costume competition wasn't until lunchtime, so the group decided to check out the different classes' activities. As they walked around the hallways, (Y/N) munching on some milk bread with Oikawa (to her disdain he had already eaten over half of it), they noticed a long line trailing out of the gym.

"What's that?" Hina asked, pointing to the black curtains that covered the gym entrance and the long line leading out of it.

"Oh, I heard that the third year classes 3-A and 3-B teamed up to make a haunted house," Hanamaki replied.

The small manager's eyes lit up at the mention of a haunted house. Little did she know that Iwaizumi's expression mirrored her own.

Oikawa stared at the two, a cold feeling spreading through his body, surely they don't want to enter the house of horrors.

"We should totally do it!" Iwaizumi and (Y/N) chorused, their eyes shining.

They paused and looked at each other, bursting into laughter. 

Oikawa paled, though he often acted all confident and macho, he was terrible with horror movies. He wasn't sure how he would handle the haunted house. Though his exterior showed no hint of his inner turmoil.

(Y/N) noticed the setter's trepidation as they got into the long line, cutting in front a bunch of annoying first years. She was sure that the first years almost wet their pants after four giant volleyball players, not to mention practically the king of the school, strode up to them. 

"We don't have to do this if you don't feel comfortable." She whispered, so only the chocolate-eyed boy could hear.

"Nah," He answered, surprised at how easily she could read him and touched at her thoughtfulness, "I'll be fine." "However, I can't promise that I won't be scared shittless." He admitted, in a rare bought of honesty.

The girl smiled. "We'll go in as a group so there's nothing to worry about."

Oikawa relaxed, falling a little more for his beautiful manager.

Iwaizumi had been listening in to the conversation and had a small grin on his face. His friend would be just fine. To be honest, he was going to ask Oikawa the same thing, knowing how his friend didn't enjoy scary things. He was happy that someone else was looking after the high maintenance setter, he needed a vacation. 

As they approached the foreboding black curtains, (Y/N)'s heart began to race with excitement, while Oikawa's heart began to race with fear. He instinctively reached out and held the girl's hand with his own. 

She looked up at him with a soft smile and squeezed it gently, letting him know she understood. The group split up into trios to enter the house. Oikawa, Iwaizumi, and (Y/N) were the first group to enter with Iwaizumi taking the lead. 

(Y/N) hugged Oikawa from the side like a couple would, allowing him to relax as they entered the darkness. His arm wrapped around her and casually draped around her shoulders. Oikawa looked at her gratefully, realizing why she had done this. It provided him with reassurance while not making him look like a little pussy.

Iwaizumi didn't even flinch at the first jumpscare. A killer clown with what (Y/N) hoped was a fake chainsaw. The clown let out a manic laugh and lunged at Oikawa, making him yelp and walk faster. The clown tried the same thing with the girl, expecting a reaction, however, the girl simply gave him an unimpressed look and continued walking. The strobe lights flickered as more actors tried to scare them.

The whole house continued with Iwaizumi and (Y/N) being unfazed by groaning zombies and bloody, knife-wielding girls, while Oikawa tried his best not to piss his pants. After finishing, the group headed to the auditorium for the contest.