Chapter 27 - Sadness is?

Start from the beginning

After a few minutes, Rapunzel put the statue in her satchel, she looked around confused. "(__)? Where did you go? And how did you just reappear here?"

"Me? Where did I go? Where did your mind go? You were just talking to a bush."

"What? Your talking nonsense (__). C'mon, let's go show everyone whos here!"

"For the last time... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?"

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile, the others were watching Owl in the sky.

"We've got a visual, they're coming."

"Alright, has everyone signed Rapunzel's and (__)'s cheer up card?" Eugene asks.

"We sure did."

"Mee too!"

"Not everyone... Where's Varian? I haven't seen him all day." Sophie asks with a slightly concerned tone.

"I'm not sure... maybe he's having a sleep in?" Cass said as owl landed on her arm.

"Hi, guys!!" Rapunzel shouted, dragging you along.

"Hey, look who's cheered up." Cass smiles.

"Yep!"

"Anyone seen Varian. I need him. Desperately." You asked.

Eugene had a smirk on his face as he nudged you, "why do you need him. Desperately."

"Shut up, Eugene. You'll see in a sec. Rapunzel's acting strange."

"Look at this! It is the most incredible thing E-v-e-r !!" Rapunzel pulled out the statue.

A smirk appeared on your face. "Yeah, ill let you deal with this. I'm going to find Varian." You ran off into the woods, searching for any sign of maybe an explosion from alchemy or anything in general.

But you couldn't find him... but what you did find was shocking. A cave.

A cave full of mysterious paintings.

Leo flew back to you and shook his head, meaning he couldn't see Varian.

But what you found had distracted you too much.

Painting of the Idol Rapunzel was showing everyone. "Leo, go get the Lorbs leader, Alfons."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile, Varian was on the complete other side of the island to you, Staring out to sea.

His dream had made him realise how much he really was missing his family.

He was stuck on an island and never wanted to be there in the first place. Varian was walking around, hating everything and missing the people who made him happy.

He was dying for a hug from you when he woke up but he might have got slightly lost when he tried to find you.

The only person who made him the happiest was you.

But his dad too...

His dream seemed so real, it was completely messing with his head.

He began getting frustrated at the confusing emotions he was feeling.

Was it wrong for him to say he wasn't as sad as you were last night because he had you by his side?

Or was it natural?

Varian picked up a rock and yelled as he threw it in the ocean.

As soon as he calmed down, he ran his hands through his hair, helping himself to calm down, doing the thing you would usually do to help him get into a better state of mind.