Untitled Part 5

WIDE AWAKE DREAMS

Can't sleep.

She's flooding through my head again.

I think I dream better awake than asleep.

Too many memories flashing through my head. It seems infatuation is an amazing brain stimulant.

Right now I remember the first time we ever met.  The market place. We had fought over who gets to buy the last of the tomatoes. No wait. We fought over who gets to buy the last tomato. The vegetable supplies were only received or brought into our town once in a month. No trader wants to risk his life just to feed a few hundred villagers. We had to hoard up on as much as we could when they did come and there were almost always brawls. 

I would hardly call what happened between us a brawl though. It was a massacre. After fending of the jeers and insults of around 15 others I met my final competitor. Her. I had always ,as long as I have known what I thought what love was, loved her. How could I not. She was after all the only girl whose face wasn't constantly hidden by the black veil. I think until now, hers and my mothers are the only female faces I have observed in close proximity. I had to show myself off to her. I let her get the last tomato. With a smug smile she had just taken it and walked away. Being the cool composed guy I was, of course I chased after her. I remember demanding to know why she didn't thank me for letting her get the tomato and also remember being told that I had no chance of getting the tomato anyways.

That challenge led to our friendship. From then on I only let her win the tomato after I had my fill of arguing with her.

There's a strange power women have over men and an even stranger power that girls have over boys.

I should probably sleep now.

I miss her so much.