Prologue

Do everything that makes you, you. Let the world adjust

"--and now. For the final fight. From the first ward, Cie Vermillion and from the 14th ward, Rhea Tallian."

Nanlaki ang mata ni Cie sa narinig.

Naka awang ang labi niya habang pinapanood na maglakad papasok ng fighting range si Rea. Pero bago paman ito pumasok ay kumuha ito ng patalim na nakahilera sa entrada ng selda. Pumasok sa loob ng fighting range si Rea na may madilim na mata. Pero halata ang sakit at poot rito.

Naikuyom ni Cie ang kamao. This can't be real. His beloved Rea is now in his front. They're now facing and preparing themselves to kill each others.

In a young age. Rea is just a sixteen years old and he's 18 when they both fell in love in the world of survival. They train together. He teaches her to write and to read. And she teach him how to fell in love.

But they end up with this.

Binitawan ni Cie ang patalim na hawak. In a 25 different wards, only five person will remain. Every ward has to fight with each  other. And here they are.

"Kill me." Puno ng sakit at galit na sabi ni Cie. Ang kaniyang panga ay nag uumigting sa galit. Thinking why do they have to end up like this.

Lumapit sa kaniya si Rea. Diretso ang tingin nito sa kaniyang mga mata. Ang mga labi nito ay unti-unting ngumiti sakaniya habang isang butil ng luha ang kumawala sa bilugan nitong mga mata.

She held his face and tiptoed. She pulled him for a kiss that he responded immediately. This is their first and last kiss.

One of them shall die. With or without their will.

Rea give a slight distance to their faces. "I love you..." She whispered over his parted lips. Her tears fell and her heart tightened.

"I love you too, baby." Cie whispered.

Rea smiled and took his hand. Pilit niyang inilalagay roon ang patalim na agad namang ibinalik ni Cie. "What are you doing?!"

Rea smiled. "I want you to end my suffering, Cie. Ayoko na. Napapapagod na ako."

Cie shook his head. "No." He insisted. Ibinalik niya ang patalim kay Rea pero pilit itong ipinapahawak sakaniya.

"I choose my blade." Rea smiled. "And I choose your hand. Please..." Pagmamaka awa nito. "If you really love me. You'll do this."

Napaawang ang labi ni Cie. "No--"

Marahas na umiling si Rea. "Do it." Matigas na wika nito.

Pero hindi kumilos si Cie. Rea bitterly smile and she guided Cie's hand.

Nanlaki ang mata ni Cie sa ginawang pagtarak ng patalim ni Rea sa sarili nito habang hawak ang kamay niyang may hawak sa patalim.

Rea weakly smiled as she coughed out blood. "T-thank you..." That was her last word before she dropped dead on the floor full of bloodshed by different persons that Cie killed.

Cie left dumfounded.

After that his life has been messed. He joined the S5 who survived by the battles of wards.  He was heartlessly following commands by the higher ranks of killing. He never had the hope for light in the darkness. He's completely jaded.

But not until she encountered the girl from the outer wards.

And his life messed again with the twist of something.

"T*ng ina. Di porket gwapo ka, hahayaan na kitang kaladkarin ako! Hoy! kuyang puro muscle,  for your information, lahat ng lalake sa university namin, crush ako!"

Cie tsked, "Shut up, idiot." 

Napaawang ang labi ng dalaga.

-MATE LESS