The symbol of peace

"So Snipe ended up losing the water gun fight in the end!" Izuku cheers, causing me to smile slightly. I had asked Izuku to talk about something to take my mind off of the events that just transpired, so he opted to tell me some uplifting stories about heroes doing things other than rescuing people and battling villains, like Snipe engaging in some water warfare with a group of teenagers last summer. It worked, sort of.

We end up reaching a familiar tunnel, oh bloody nora. Did we miss it? Is the villain already taken care of? It's not like I WANT my brother to almost suffocate to death, it's just that it NEEDS to happen. We start walking through the tunnel and by the time we reach the other side I hear a gurgling sound, we turn around and rising out of the sewers is the sludge villain.

"You'll make a perfect skin suit for me to hide in, kid!" They say, their voice almost makes him sound like they're underwater. The villain pounces on Hero and surrounds him.

"Let him go!" I scream as I try to reach my brother and rip him from the vile beings clutches. The villain just raises him higher off the ground.

"Run along little girl and forget you saw anything!" The villain gurgles, "Killing two kids in one day is too much for even my conscience." Izuku looks like he's getting weaker, All might needs to hurry up! If he is coming that is. Oh, oh, no. OH NO! I might have messed something up! I claw at the villain trying to help Izuku the slightest bit as I start to panic.

The manhole cover shoots into the air and All Might rises from beneath, "Have no fear, you are safe, now that I am here, that is!" He says triumphantly. The villain attempts to fend him off but All Might sends a Texas smash his way and he pops like a balloon setting my brother free. I rush to catch my brother bridle-style before angling my non-dominant arm to hold him from his shoulder to his butt as I use my free hand to grab his wrist to check his pulse as All Might collects the villain.

"Oh thank god, he has a pulse." I say letting out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding before setting him down with his back propped up against the exit of the tunnel. "Excuse-use me, M-mr All Might Sir?" I say. I stuttered I used formalities, I forgot to translate. Oh, bloody nora, I'm scared of the symbol of peace. In the anime you never really get a sense of size, but he towers over me.

All Might crouches down so there's less of a height difference between us and I can feel myself relax almost instantaneously. "Better?" He asks and I nod my head before quickly scampering over to Hero's notebook.

"I hope this isn't too much to ask, considering you just saved his life, but would you mind signing my brother's notebook?" I say in english, "From what Momma's told me, he's been a big fan of you for his entire life and it would mean more than you or I will ever know if you gave him your autograph." I say picking up his notebook, closing it and exiting the tunnel again. "I'm not sure if you have a page in this notebook specifically but..."

"Does he collect hero's signatures" All Might says as I hand him the notebook.

"No, he takes notes on heroes, he wants to be one himself one day. He looks up to you the most out of everyone which." I say before putting a hand level with the top of his head then extending my arm upwards, "checks out." All might lets out a laugh as he signs the notebook and Izuku finally wakes up.

I pay no mind to the scene unfolding before me since I've seen it all before and instead start plotting out my next course of action. Izuku is going to be whisked away in a moment so I need to decide what I should do. Maybe I should just walk straight home? No, Momma might get worried if only one of her children came home and would ask where her son is or if Izuku got home without me she'd ask where I am... so that's out of the question. I need to meet up with him sometime after he gets off the building.

A loud whooshing sound attracts my attention and I look up just in time to see All might fading into the distance. Where should I meet Izuku? The most obvious place would be the villain... but Katsuki is there. Just head over and stay out of site. That's all I have to do. Just walk until I hear an explosion then head in that direction. With a plan set I reluctantly take a step forward into the unknown.

After about ten minutes of walking around a plume of smoke tower over me up ahead. Bingo. I run as fast as I can and am greeted with a large crowd being held back by a line of police, beyond that is fire and chaos. Katsuki is entangled in a mess of green goo as the heroes lament their abilities not being applicable to the current situation. I want to help, but I know I can't. Hold on Katsuki, Izuku will be her soon... hopefully. I cover my face with my jacket, I can't bear to watch.

"Stop you Idiot! You're going to get yourself killed!" I hear someone shout. Hero! Everything's going to be ok, just a few minutes more and I'll stop hiding my face like a coward! The yelling and chaos reach a crescendo before going silent and rain starts to fall. I put my jacket back on and slink over to the edge of the shopping district and sit down. It's going to be a while for the heroes to stop chewing out my brother. I take my jacket off and hide it behind my back with one hand gripping it tightly.

Izuku leaves the shopping district and I move to leave but quickly stop upon remembering Katsuki follows after him. The longer I can prolong the inevitable, the better, I instead wait for Katsuki to leave. After he has exited the area I tie my jacket around my waist and start tailing him until Izuku comes into sight. I run a bit behind him and hide behind a corner waiting for his exchange with my brother to be over. I wait a few seconds to be sure he won't see me before charging after my brother.

"Izuku!" I call out and he stops for a second so I can catch up. "What's gotten you looking so browbeaten?"

"I'm giving up." He says sadly while looking at the ground, "I'm giving up on being a hero." He looks up at me, tears pricking his eyes, "All might said it couldn't happen."

"Shut up." I say without missing a beat, Izuku looks like I just slapped him across the face, "You know that nickname I gave you? That's the english word for hero. When I was falling from the sky and screaming out for help, there were so many people there who could have helped but none of them did, except for you. You jumped in to help without a second thought, heck you didn't realize I was a girl until Momma had already taken me in because you were so stuck in hero mode. All Might has never met you before today but I have, you match my definition of a hero to a T, and I believe you have what it takes to meet yours." I pull Izuku into a tight hug before adding, "I'm not saying I believe in you enough to become number one, even I know you need a quirk for that but..."

"I am here!" All might crys. I let go of Izuku and turn around with a neutral face of displeasure.

"To apologize?" I ask motioning with my head to Hero. All might nods his head, "All right, I'll leave you to it then." I brush past him as I make my way home. Tomorrow is going to be pain.

(Thank you so much for 1.1k reads!)