Part 1

Damon was on his way to the Grill that early Autumn evening. Stefan was coming along later, he was helping Bonnie gather some herbs for a new spell. Damon went inside and had noticed the Grill was more packed than usual. Wonder what's going on, he wondered. He ordered a glass of bourbon. While he enjoyed his favorite liquor he looked around for a beauty to compel and feed from. 

There was a tall fair skin girl with dark hair at the bar, Damon couldn't take his eyes off of her. Something about her stood out. He walked over to her with a broad smile on his face. He was determined to compel her that night.

"Hello there."

Damon notice that she appeared to have been blushing and quickly turned her face away. This only made him smirk.

 This only made him smirk

"Hi." 

"Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. Its just that you're blushing."

"Well, you're very handsome." She replied.

"While you're very beautiful." 

She laughed and tried not to blush again.

"What is your name?" Damon asked.

"Mine's Merila."

He decided to go bold at that moment.

Damon notice that she seemed bothered by something.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know if I should tell you, you might judge me."

"Just tell me what it is, maybe I can help."

She took her deep breath.

"I'm a courtesan, so to speak. Many men want to be with me, however they have to compete in order to have me for the night."  She confessed.

That would explain why there's a lot of people here tonight, Damon realized.

"One of these men is a brute name Justin and wants me all for himself."

"He's a lowlife?"

"Worst, he's messed up in the head and is grandiose. The day we met I knew it wouldn't work, he acts like a pooch!" 

Damon could see that she had contempt for this guy's personality. 

"I feel bad about telling you this." 

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I'm letting you know about something that you shouldn't get involved in."

He hadn't expected this from a girl he was going to compel.

Suddenly a man with blond hair and a stubble came and asked Merila to come with him. 

"NO!"

"Look Justin wants to see you, I'm just doing orders."

She rolled her eyes and  went with him. 

Outside there already was a stage and bleachers set up along with some waiters and waitresses from the Grill serving drinks and food.

Merila saw that the crowd was anticipating for the sparing matches to begin.

 Some of the men who were at the stage started to rush over to her. Some smiled while others complimented her appearance. Than a man came and started to shove everyone away. 

"Hi Merila."

"Hi Justin."

Justin went to touch her arm but she snatched it away.

"Come on, you know by the end of tonight we'll be having fun."

"Dream on!"

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" He remarked.

"You can't take a hint? She isn't into you."

Justin turned around and saw Damon was standing right behind him.

"Get lost!"

"Make me." Damon taunted.

Justin punched Damon in the nose just as Stefan came and rushed over.

"DAMON! You okay?" 

Damon lifted back his head and started to whisper.

"Stefan, I might need your help."