9

JENNIE

I woke up to find Lisa no longer on the couch, assuming she had woken up earlier

I woke up to find Lisa no longer on the couch, assuming she had woken up earlier. I remembered how she struggled to sleep on the couch while I was comfortable in her bed. I feel guilty about it, but as much as I want her to sleep next to me, I can't. My heart desires it, but my mind won't allow it.

"Wait, what if she just left me here in their mansion? Oh no, Manoban, you can't, or you're dead!" My mood quickly changed from 0 to 100

I quickly washed my face and noticed an extra toothbrush for me, along with a note. After that, I went downstairs and heard voices coming from the kitchen, which I recognized as Lisa's parents and her.

"What's wrong with you? It's so simple; all you have to do is flip the pancake. Why can't you do that?" I heard Lisa's mom scolding her.

"I told you, Mom, it's hard. I've never done anything like this in my 25 years of existence, so you can't blame me," Lisa replied.

"How can your fiancee love you more if you can't even flip a simple pancake?"

"Dad, help me, Mom's scolding me," Lisa called out, asking for her father's help. Cute.

"You deserve it, but it's actually simple," her dad chuckled, siding with his wife.

"Jennie, you're awake." Lisa called me when she noticed me watching them.

"G-good morning. Did I disturb you?" I apologized politely.

"Oh no, sweetie, your fiancee is preparing breakfast for you, but she doesn't seem to be doing it correctly. She doesn't even know how to flip a pancake," Mrs. Manoban explained.

"Don't embarrass me in front of her, Mom," Lisa glared at her mom.

"But it's true," Mr. Manoban added earning an eye roll from Lisa.

"Do you want me to make breakfast for us?" I suggested, drawing their attention to me.

"You know how to cook, baby?" My eyes widened, and my heart raced at the sudden endearment

"I, ah, y-yes, I know how," I stammered.

"Oh, I had no idea," she smirked at me.

"It's fine, sweetie; we can just ask the chef to cook for us," Mrs. Manoban stated.

"No, it's fine; I just wanted to make something for my f-fiancée too," I told them, earning a wide smile from Lisa.

"Aww, that's so sweet; let me help you then," Lisa smiled.

"S-sure."

"All right, then, we'll leave you two first," Mrs. Manoban said as she dragged her husband out of the kitchen.

"So, what are you going to cook?" Lisa inquired.

"What do you want me to cook?" I asked her in return.