Chapter Forty Two

Começar do início

"I'm just gonna sit down there." She said, gesturing to the lower wall behind me. I moved back to let her, and she nodded for me to sit down too. "I'm not gonna do anything... I promise..."

"Well, forgive me for not believing you too much." I said, staying standing.

"So." She said. "Perrie Edwards."

"That's none of your business. Who d'you think you are threatening me?"

"It's not like that."

"What's it like then?"

"I've got a proposition for you."

"What? I don't want to hear it. I only came to tell you I've had enough; this is enough now. You've gone way too far. I hope they do send you down tomorrow, because if I ever see you again-"

"Finish with her."

"Excuse me?"

"Finish with her and come back to me. I saw you both before. Kissing. I've got a photo." She took her phone out and shook it flauntingly. "Finish with her or I'll take it right to the top... it'll be all over the country before you know it."

I stood staring at her for over a minute, waiting for the punchline. She appeared to be serious.

"You're talking shit. I've had enough of this."

I went to turn around. If I had been less angry, I would have known it was a bad idea and thought twice about turning my back on her. But that seemed to spur her on. She started talking loudly, and fast, standing up from the wall when I turned back to face her.

"I want a chance to make it up to you. I want to make everything up to you. I really think I could, all you've got to do is let me, I still love you! I want you back. I want to be with you again, we'll take things slow, whatever you want. I'll do anything you want if you just give me another chance. Let me prove I still love you."

When I didn't say anything right away, she carried on.

"I'm gonna make this right babes. So it's up to you. You can leave her and come back to me... she's just using you anyway, it won't last five minutes. So leave her and let me make everything right. Otherwise this photo goes viral... and she'll leave you anyway. And I'll still be here. It's up to you."

I took a couple of steps closer to her. Lacey looked hopeful, lowered the phone she was gesturing threateningly with and even started to smile.

"Can I speak now?" I whispered.

"Yeah, of course."

"No."

"Wh-what?"

"No. I'm telling you now for the last time, I don't want anything to do with you. There's no way you could make up for what you did. Even if you could, I've moved on. You know what, sell your picture, tell the world what you like, because me and Perrie will get through it. We're solid, we love each other, and you aren't gonna break us up. So do your worst and have a good day in court tomorrow."

Once again, I turned away from her and started to stride away. I knew even as I did it, my anger had taken over again, stopping me from thinking straight. I shouldn't have turned my back on her.

I heard a terrible, ear splitting scream of fury seconds before something hit me squarely in the back of the head. My hand flew to the spot, but I didn't even manage to turn around before she grabbed my short hair in my fist, wrenching my head back.

I screamed involuntarily as Lacey swung me around and let go, making me stumble, nearly falling. I barely even had a second to stand upright before her fist collided with my jaw. This time I did fall over, the force of the punch briefly affecting my vision, and I lost my balance, landing hard on my back.