Sugar and spice. ...And more sugar.

y/n = Your name
l/n = (your) last name

_______________
You clutched an envelope in your hand, reading your name neatly printed on the front of it, along with a seal. It was so vintage, and... Professional. You received this envelope from the head chief himself of your department. But you were hesitant and a bit anxious to open it.

"(L/n)-san, what if it's a promotion? You could be holding the future in your hands!" Your partner, Daichi-san, encouraged you. You two were walking to the coffee shop next door from the police station, still in your police uniforms.

"Yeah... But it's kind of intimidating. Don't you think?" You say, letting out a chuckle.

"It's probably this fancy-shmancy seal," Daichi laughs, running a hand over it. "It's wax!" He notes.

Giggling at Daichi's fascination, you decide to slip the letter into the pocket of your slacks. You can read it when you get home.

Right as you enter the coffee shop, something was immediately off. It's usually calm, but there were a few colorful characters inside.

"Holy crap, how much sugar do you need?!" A blonde girl yelled at one of the two of her male companions. A pale, lanky male with disheveled dark hair sat across from two people, his legs pulled up to his chest on a chair. He held a spoon of sugar in an awkward position in his hand, staring up at the girl. He responded but you had already drowned out the conversation.

"Lively today, isn't it?" You mutter, as you exchanged glances with Daichi. You two order the usual; you, (your coffee preference) and for Daichi, he likes his black.

The three sitting across the coffee shop from you and Daichi continued to make a ruckus. It was mostly the blonde girl. Though the pale dark haired man made snarky remarks and the other man, with chestnut brown locks, tries to shush the two.

You take a sip of your coffee. It was a tad too bitter for your tastes, so you excused yourself and went to a small island in the middle of the shop with creamers, straws, and variations of sugar packets. You reach for one, but bump wrists with someone standing next to you. You didn't notice whoever it was that was there before, so you jumped back a bit, letting out a soft gasp.

"Ah, sorry," they said. You look up to see the tall male; it was the pale dark haired male sitting with the blonde. He seemed to walk with a slouch.

"You can never have too much sugar, I always say." He says, grabbing a handful of sugar packets and stuffing them in the pockets of his sweats. I look down and notice he's only wearing socks.

"Uh, right," you say, nervously tugging on a strand of your hair, twirling it between your fingers. You take one sugar packet, and nod, bidding the strange stranger goodbye. He just smiled and placed a thumb near his mouth, intently staring at you. You spun on your heel to get away fast.

All righty, then... You thought.

_______

A/N: Hiya! This is my first x reader, so please be nice and patient with me.

I'll try to make the reader, AKA YOU gender neutral but I might appeal to more "feminine" readers as I go, (EDIT: I unintentionally did that very thing) BUT I will write a male reader one of it becomes heavily requested.

^_^ Happy reading! I'll update as much as I can!