As her dormmates hopped into continuing their conversation about Rosie's new boyfriend, their part of the table was overtaken by sly giggles and teasing whispers between one another. The feast, as per usual, was magnificent. Filled with various options like lamb chops, whole oven-roasted chickens, and slathered beef roasts and all the fixings one could dream of. Even to those that were beyond stuffed with sweets and treats from their trip to the village, managed seconds and even thirds. The entertainment for the evening included the Hogwarts' ghosts. Wispy white figures jumped out from walls and from tables, swirling and dancing around before re-enacting Nearly Headless Nick's botched beheading.

When the puddings and even more treats had covered the tables in place of the savory items, a whole new round of chatter started. It was a beyond happy evening, most students in complete merriment. Most of Rebecca's dormmates had left back towards the dorms, Rosie stayed, though moved to join her boyfriend at the Slytherin table – and Lisa was moved towards the opposite end of the table to shyly greet a lone sixth year who'd also been left by her friends.

It was then that Rebecca had received a fairly large grape to the face. It bounced right off the top of her head — having been facing down, reading a rather boring novel in her grasp — immediately making her gaze lift. Almost instantly, her narrowed eyes had met a pair of brown ones and an accompanying sly grin before they were softening in their glare. She cocked up an eyebrow at the older Weasley twin, shutting the book. He silently waved her over, patting the spot he had made between him and George, who also then turned as well to mimic his twin. Wordlessly, she picked up the book and herself, stepping from the Ravenclaw table and over towards the Gryffindors.

"Greetings," Fred grinned just as she sat down, "you looked a bit lonely over there, we figured you could use some company."

"Yeah, maybe just a bit," Rebecca mused quietly, sending each of the people she recognized a small smile as a greeting of her own, "thanks, I wasn't planning on heading up just yet."

"What did you happen to get up to this fine day?" George questioned, picking at his trifle with a furrowed brow to avoid the raisins.

"Nothing really," She shrugged, reaching out to grasp a single chocolate chip cookie; playfully narrowing her eyes at Fred when he went to grab the same one, "spoke with Professor Lupin, listened to some music—"

"You also spoke with Professor Lupin?" Ron chimed in, side-glancing his bespectacled best friend on his right, "what of?"

"Ronald—" Hermione whispered incredulously.

"No, it's alright," Rebecca chuckled, sending Hermione a reassuring look before back to Ron, "of the grindylow lesson he has for you third years, then Harry walked in so they spoke mostly."

"Sorry 'bout that," Harry grimaced slightly, peering up awkwardly from his slice of banana cream pie, "I can't exactly seem to say no to him, and then he offered tea—"

"Not blaming you," She shook her head, smiling in amusement, "I can't say no to him either, plus he's really good at listening and at advice, so..."

Rebecca stole a glance towards the professors' high table, doing a quick scan before having spotted the Defense teacher. Lupin looked rather cheerful, though his eyes were slightly droopy and had dark circles underneath, but a grand smile gracing his scarred features. He was talking easily to Professor Flitwick at his side, both speaking animatedly and sharing laughs with one another. She moved her gaze slightly, spotting Snape a few seats down. His dark eyes kept side-glancing at Professor Lupin, thin lips pulled tight. She could only imagine what the man was thinking.