"Y/n aren't you excited? Come on show some enthusiasm!" Thor came round to my side of the car pulling me out by my hands.

"I'd be excited if I could still HEAR!" I said shouting to him, winding him up.

"No need to hear, just admire the sights,"

We walked down a pathway in between a rather big field of grass. At the end there was a white building almost identical to the original compound.

"It's smaller than I expected." I raised my eyebrows as I walked through the french doors at the entrance.

"Are you dissatisfied, miss?" I very sudden voice came from all around me making me jump.

"Who's there?" I pulled a knife out from my pocket and spun round, Thor on the other hand stared at me laughing with his arms crossed. "What in the nine realms are you doing just standing there?" I hinted at Thor.

"I know I'm not a Midgardian but I'm pretty sure that was a computer," he snarked to me.

I rolled my eyes and carefully put the pocket knife back into my side pocket. "Right... I knew that."

Thor chuckled at me and then decided to carry on walking. I speed walked up to where he was.

Directly in front of us, there was a door with a rather large sign.

Stay here! - Tony Stark.

It read.

"So do we go in?" Thor questioned trying to peek through the door's blacked out windows.

"Are you an idiot? It says stay here!" I rolled my eyes and decided to sit on the floor with my back against the cold wall.

"It could mean stay inside this door." He threw back, trying to seem right.

"Well if it meant that the sign would be INSIDE the room,"

Thor mocked me with his hands and then decided to sit down next to me. We were silent for a few minutes, looking out onto the main entrance until Thor decided to speak again.

"Okay, but what if he doesn't want us to stay here and he meant it for the oth-,"

"Shut up!" I laughed face palming myself. "You are so idiotic some times, Odinson,"

"You sound just like him," he spoke more quietly.

"Ugh don't do this Thor," as much as I felt for Thor's loss I know he was only bringing him up to see how I was feeling. "I know you just want to make sure I'm okay but I swear I'm fine."

I lifted myself up of the ground and stood against the opposite wall. I looked down at Thor who seemed to have been throwing.

"Thor, I'm sorry. I know you lost him too,"

"It's okay, he's been dead before." He threw his hammer in the air flipping it in his hands.

"Yeah..." I replied.

There it was again. That glimpse of hope that he might just come back.

"Except this time he isn't coming back," he mumbled.

And just like that it was gone again. For both of us.

"Thor, careful of the floor! Your hammer might dent it!" Tony came in from behind me pointing out Thor's hammer settled on the floor.

Well at least that saved me from the, 'he's in a better place,' speech.

Thor laughed as he got up to Tony and squeezed him into a very masculine hug.

"Where are the others?" Tony sulked.

I shrugged and shook my head.

Tony opened the doors behind us and peered round the corner.

"You can't go in there, the sign says stay here," Thor mentioned got Tony.

Tony looked back at him in confusion. "Not for me dipshit." He rolled his eyes and walked into the dimly lit room.

He gestured us both to come in, so we did. The room was a replica of the living room at the old compound. And of course, the others were sitting around the small coffee table.

"What are you guys doing in here?" Tony shrieked. "There was clearly a sign!"

"Well, it might not have meant for us..." Peter said trying to reason with Tony.

"Ha!" Thor punched me on the solider, proving his point.

"Well I guess the surprise is ruined since everyone is already here," Tony grabbed a drink and sat with the other avengers.

"I'm still surprised." I empathised. "I think it's rather beautiful!"

The others laughed, knowing how much I didn't like the design of the last living room.

Thor had already sat round in his new but old usual seat. I slowly approached the others, why was I nervous? I held my hands in a clasp because they were vibrating amongst each other and I didn't want any one to see. Everyone watched me walk towards my seat, making me feel more pressured.

I slowly lowered myself onto the cushioned couch and smiled at everyone. I noticed Nat didn't look up at me but I though best not to think anything of it.

Over the evening, my anxiety slowly went away and one by one the people decided to make their way to their rooms that Tony's robot voice "Burny" led them too. He thought he'd name it that in honour of the fire. Only Tony would do something like that. I decided to stay up a bit later to wash up the bowls that had chips in and the glasses of juice. My hands had started shaking again and I think it was something to do with Nat being the only other person in the room with me.

She had seemed quite out of it all night. She didn't talk much and only really looked at Bucky or Steve. Everyone else was their usual self.

I turned of the water and turned around drying my hands with the tea towel. My brain was arguing with myself, do I ask if she's okay? Do I not?

Fuck it.

I threw the tea towel onto the counter and went to sit opposite to my best friend. Her eyes looked up at me but back down again before you could really blink.

"Hey," I smiled.

There was silence for a minute and again she didn't look at me.

"Are you... okay?" I asked awkwardly. For someone who had been there for me since we met, it seemed quite awkward for me to not be able to speak to her properly.

"I'm fine. You?" She replied bluntly.

"Well, I'm okay but-,"

"I don't really have time for this y/n," she got up out of her seat and walked out the doors rapidly before I could tell her about what was going on in my life.

Was I too chatty as usual? I heard someone say that that was a bad trait to have. Maybe I should keep to my self in the future. I'd seem less crazy.

I didn't chase after her, I just left her to storm away from me but I had no idea why. It's like I couldn't control my body.

I sat on the couch for a couple minutes before heading to my room and into bed.

My room was pretty plain again, like how my room was when I first moved in. Having a second chance to re decorate made me feel like this was home now, for good I hope.

The night was restless, I struggled to get to sleep but when I finally did, I couldn't wake up.

I wanted to but my eyes wouldn't open, I heard him calling for me.

"Y/n," he said.

It was Loki. He was in pain, dying maybe.

He kept calling my name in his weak voice but I couldn't reply.

It was torture. Hearing him call me like he needed help.

I couldn't save him.

I couldn't help him.

I couldn't even open my eyes.