𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.

Start from the beginning

Her devious comment instantly served its exact purpose of making all of the eleven year olds bunch together tightly and pale their chubby faces in fear of what was in store for them.

McGonagall had to hold in a laugh herself as she unrolled the yellowed scroll of parchment and continued to read names after she had unenchanted the hat to speak in English again once more.

"We're an hour into being in the castle again and she already has a trip to McGonagall," Lily chuckled under her breath. "It's rather-"

"Admirable," James cut in. "I think that's honestly a record."

"You need to put on your badge," Lily declared, fishing her hand in James's robe pocket to dig out the shiny crimson and gold pin. "I have mine on"

James dramatically slammed his head down on the table.

"It should have been Remus!" he exclaimed. "Why me, I am not Head Boy material! Like, I just can't get you guys in trouble!"

Sirius giggled as Lily forcefully pinned the badge on his robes.

"Maybe you can actually keep us out of trouble," he said mischievously. "To get out of punishment."

"And I'll just get you right back in it," Lily retorted quickly. "Some of the things you five do are dangerous."

"Hollis!" Sirius yelled, a sudden idea occurring to him. "You have to control over her, she's not in your house."

Lily set her head on the table next to James's.

"Who are the Head Boy and Girl anyway?" Remus asked, looking at where Hollis was using her wand to levitate a bunch of grapes to slowly drop through the Bloody Barron just to annoy him, and because she was bored.

"Lucius and Narcissa," Peter said sourly, having seen them bossing around a bunch of prefects earlier. "Creepy couple, creepy house, creepy job."

"They sort of look like siblings," Marlene said contemplatively, making Sirius snort with laughter and aggressively kiss her on the cheek. "I mean, their child would be ugly as hell."

"Yea, imagine a pasty little Malfoy lurking around," James added on with an exaggerated gagging motion. "Ew."

"Aren't you guys all related?" Lily asked with a raised ginger eyebrow as she took a bite of her peas. 

"Purebloods?" Remus clarified, and the redhead nodded.

"I mean, sort of," Sirius said, scratching the back of his head. "If you go back far enough. Plus, I would bet a shit ton of us are lying, no way the Sacred Twenty-eight are all really pure. But if you say a lie long enough, it sticks."

Just as they were about to all turn their heads back around, Narcissa said something to Hollis that must have obviously been very offensive to either her or one of the Gryffindors from the expression on the Rosier's face.

It only took a few seconds for Hollis to get up angrily, slamming her silver fork down angrily on the mahogany table with a rattle and stalk over to Remus. 

They quickly made room for her between the light auburn haired boy and James, both amused and concerned.

"Well that worked longer than expected," Marlene said slyly. "Sirius and I had a bet you would only last for five minutes."

"What did she say?" Peter prompted curiously.

"That Lily didn't deserve to be Head Girl," Hollis muttered, clenching her fists. "So I told her to shove her pin up her ass so that it would touch her head that was also stuck down there."