Ch. 1 : The Beginning

And if tou're NOT reading this on Wattpad, you're a fool.

Random Person (not you, clearly) : "speech"
Random Person : 'thoughts'

In this story, Y/n L/n (first name/last name) is a 16 year old who happens to be Ruby's best friend. His semblance may seem somewhat useless to others, but not to him. He's mute, born without vocal cords to be specific, but his semblance allows him to give a specific group of people an idea of what he wants them to do, like ordering them through thoughts, but he can't use it to speak, sadly, as he can ONLY order people around with it, so long as he's seen their face at least once. Basically, it's Telepathy, just... a bit more limited.

Appearance is your choice, except for your height... and eye color... at some point.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Y/n uses a sword and shield, both made of pure ruby. As for his armor, he wears a metal chestplate, metal gloves and boots, and lastly, metal elbow and knee pads.

ok enough talk let's get into the fuckin story already

POV : 3rd

Unknown Lady : "Legends, stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts of a forgotten past."

The voice of an unknown, shadowed female is heard reading aloud from a book, her only visible traits being her shiny red eyes and elegant black hair.

Unknown Lady : "Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful. But he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness - creatures of destruction, the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on Man, and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seems the Darkness was intent on returning Man's brief existence back to the void."

She reads.

Unknown Lady : "However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change. And in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named "Dust"."

Unknown Lady : "Nature's wrath in hand, Man lit their way through the Darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly... life. But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... Darkness will return."

She finishes as the room around her grows dark... darker... yet darker... until...

We now cut to Roman Torchwick with 4 of his henchmen, walking down an alley from the shadows. Roman comes to a stop as he relights his cigar without even touching it, grins and then continues walking down the road, frightening citizens with every step he takes towards a shop called "From Dust Till Dawn".

Unknown lady : "So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments toward a so-called "free world", but take heed... there will be no victory in strength."

Roman and his henchmen enter the shop. They'd be alone if we ignore the red-hooded girl and the boy next to her reading a magazine while blasting music in her headphones, while the boy was listening to lofi music on his earbuds.

Unknown Man : "But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul... Or maybe, a small spark of determination."

The henchmen look around at some of the Dust crystals as Roman approaches the elderly shopkeeper.

Roman (while swinging his cigar around) : "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Dust shop open this late ?"