Chapter 2

This was a little unexpected. Vincenzo was sitting in my boss' restaurant ordering food. I still felt terrible about being so loud last night and disturbing him.

But honestly, with the walls being so thin, I could tell he had a hard night. He's probably not used to living in such a place. I mean it's easy to tell that back in Italy he was probably rich and had only ever lived in the nicest of places.

The plaza apartments must have been a huge culture shock if anything. I could hear him swearing most of last night. Something about there no hot water and then a noisy pigeon on his windowsill. That was my fault though. That pigeon used to hang out at my window and I'd always feed it. Now it was bugging Vincenzo.

"Y/N, snap out of it. Come with me to give this to Mr. Casanova." I couldn't believe my boss was still saying his name wrong. I nodded as I placed the broom that was in my hands against the wall. I quietly followed my boss over to Vincenzo's table. He placed the porcini dish in front of Vincenzo with a nervous smile.

We both watched as he took in the scent coming off the dish. From where I was standing it smelled pretty good. Enough to make me hungry. Vincenzo smiled at my boss which only made his nervous smile grow larger. My boss watched anxiously as Vincenzo picked up his fork and started to eat the food.

He took his time chewing, really trying to taste each and every part of the meal. My boss relaxed a bit as he smiled and flashed a thumbs up to Vincenzo. But his smile quickly faded as Vincenzo brought a napkin to his mouth and spit out the food. I kind of had a feeling he wouldn't like it. My boss is food only seems to taste good to those who haven't ever tried Italian food from Italy to begin with. You know once you taste the real thing nothing else can compare ever again.

Vincenzo smiled as he held the now dirty napkin tightly. "It tastes like you took this out from a trash can." God he was hot when he insulted my boss. The hell am I saying? "But..." I glanced over to Vincenzo quickly catching his eye. "I'm glad that you removed the maggots." With that he threw the napkin toward my boss and myself. My boss of course failed to catch it and quickly scrabbled over to pick it up off the floor.

"So you studied in Uffizi, Milan?" Vincenzo questioned. My boss nodded, "Yes, in Uffizi." Oh boy. He was going to expose my boss here and now wasn't here. This was going to be good. "I see. But Uffizi is in Florence, not Milan."

And there it was, the killing blow. My boss was stunned and in shock. Vincenzo looked at him then to me and just chuckled. I watched as he retrieved his wallet from his pocket and pulled out some cash. He placed the cash down on the table with a smile. "A con artist." I watched Vincenzo as he got up from his seat.

He walked right by me. Close enough for me to catch his intoxicating scent yet again. "Next time, I want to try the pasta that you make. I'm sure it's got to taste better than whatever your boss just tried to feed me." I felt a blush creep onto my face as I nodded rapidly. With that Vincenzo walked out.

I kept my eyes on the man until he was completely out of sight. Who knew he'd be that brutally honest with my boss. Maybe it was just because he was in a bad mood from last night. "Y/N please help me clean this up. You can go back to sweeping once you're done." I nodded as I picked up the plate off the table and took it back into the kitchen.

Not long after I went back to cleaning my boss and I were called out to attend a plaza meeting in the dance studio. It wasn't long before Yuchan, the owner of the building, and Vincenzo joined the rest of the tenants.

My eyes met his before I quickly averted my head to face the floor. I didn't want him to see me blushing over him literally just looking at me. It was embarrassing and stupid. They want us to sign some kind of agreement by the end of the week. I wasn't really paying that close of attention though.

I was too focused on Vincenzo. I really wish I could get to know him better. But he seems like a hard person to talk to. Plus not like I could actually talk to him to begin with. Pretty sure he'd be weirded out if I started talking to him through a note pad or something. Why was this so hard? As the day winded down I still found myself thinking about how to strike up a conversation of some kind with Vincenzo.

Maybe make noise again and invite him in this time. No that's just going to make him annoyed with me, I don't want that. I want our interactions to be good ones. Wait, I got it! I quickly grabbed my things and darted out of the restaurant.

"Wait Y/N!" I ignored my boss' calls for me and made my way up the stairs and into my apartment. A couple hours later and I was finally done. I quickly packaged up the food and ran next door. I knocked on the door, it didn't take long to get an answer which was a surprise. "What do you need? It's late and-!" He cut himself off.

"You again? What do you want?" I held the container up to Vincenzo and smiled. He opened the door a bit more so he could take the container from him. He gently took the note off the container to examine it before reading it out loud.

"I'm sorry my boss' food wasn't good. I had a feeling you wouldn't like it. Can't compare to what you had in Italy I'm sure of that. To make it up to you I had this pasta for you. Cook anytime and any way you like."

He looked back to me. I could tell he was a little stunned. "This is...very kind of you, young man." I could feel that same blush come back yet again. "Maybe you should come over some time. You can cook and I'll taste test for you. Get good enough so you can take over the restaurant some day."

I stared at Vincenzo in awe. He'd really do that for me? I bowed to him as a thank you before running back to my own room. As soon as I shut the door I sank to the ground. I pulled my legs to my chest and buried my face in them.

I couldn't help but squeal a little like a school girl with a dumb crush on the inside. I couldn't believe he wanted to help me out and taste my food. I was totally head over heels for this guy and after tonight, it definitely sealed the deal.

I was dead set on doing everything I could to get to know Vincenzo better. Maybe becoming his friend will help him settle in around here easier. Okay okay. One thing at a time Y/N. Don't get ahead of yourself boy. Get to know the guy first.

End chap. 2