•04•

You look down at your new clothes, the brown ankle length skirt and cream colored blouse with a blue vest. It's not something you'd wear, but at least it fits correctly.

Mikasa even had underwear and couple bras tucked away inside the bag as well. You're not sure how long they expect you to stay here, but now you have the proper necessities.

You stare long and hard out the window, hoping that if you go out into the main area of the cottage that Armin won't bother you about the scars.

It's not like you're ashamed, but it's something that devil doesn't need to know. In fact, they probably have done much worse to people.

You think... what could they be doing to Annie?

With a frustrated puff of air exciting your lungs, you open the door and walk down the small hall to the living room where Armin is laying down on the couch, his feet propped up and book resting on his lap as he reads.

"Oh, I'll move," he sits and places his feet back on to the wood floor. "You can sit."

Your eyes dart from his gestured hand and the open seat beside him. You shake your head, sitting in the arm chair instead.

"If you want this to go by fast, you might want to consider talking. The only time you speak is when you're insulting me," he chuckles lightly. "How about we play a game of question and answer. You can ask whatever and I'll be honest, the same going for you."

An amused feeling enters your body, curious as to what he would tell you and what he wants to know about you. It's not like he'll know if you're lying or not.

"You first," your words come out like you're challenging him.

"Okay. How old are you?" He asks the same question as back on the horse ride over here.

"Eighteen," you answer honestly, not thinking that's really something to hide. The only reason you didn't tell him earlier was because you didn't want to give him any sign of a connection. He doesn't need to know anything about you. But now it's a game.

"Do you have any family?" You ask your first question.

"Not anymore. Eren and Mikasa are the closest things I have to family. We all grew up together," he answers with a sad smile and solemn eyes.

You remember Reiner telling you about the three of them. Mikasa always looked out for them, babying Eren even when he treated her poorly. Armin tried to be the glue between the three and Eren was just lost in his own ideals and dreams. But they had an unbreakable connection. Looks like Eren has finally gone rouge though.

"Have you killed anyone?" He asks, not quite looking at you, probably preparing himself for your answer.

"No," you answer honestly again.

It's the truth. Bertholdt had always gotten you out of the training that required you to be on the front lines of the battles. He made sure you were always in the back and protected.

"I don't want you to grow up too fast," Bertholdt's words reach your ears.

"Really?" Armin perks up.

"What? Did you think I was cold blooded killer like you?" You stare at him, face not showing a drop of emotion.

This causes him to slouch down, the small light in his eye fading again. It's not like you really wanted to hurt him, but let's be honest here; he's killed hundreds. Maybe he thought he had too. Maybe it was a direct order. But it doesn't change anything.

"Why did you attack Marley?" You sit forward, hands folded between your knees.

"To get Eren back," he looks off to the side. "He was going to get himself killed."

The Devil is Watching You जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें