Ch1- Steak Combo

(Y/N)'s POV"Nice! Another level defeated

(Y/N)'s POV
"Nice! Another level defeated." I internally fist-pumped the air as my eyes stayed glued onto the colorful screen of my small game console. I sucked up the last bit of my lollipop before throwing the stick away and unwrapping another one.

You see, I'm just a regular young girl- No! Sorry, a teenager! I'm just the type of person you would find glued to a screen all day. I'm what you call a gamer. I end up taking life as a video game, and surprisingly... I learn something!

I was currently walking through a large city, constantly bumping into people that look like they could own the world by just wearing a suit and clinging onto dear life with a suitcase. Right after I finished another complete game, I tossed the game card into a nearby trash can.

My eyes landed on a small restaurant, to which I smelt from a mile away. I smiled and walked inside to find a man stirring a pot, with a few people eating at the counter in front of him. I peered over someone's shoulder to look at a menu.

I slightly nodded my head, understanding what I want. The man at the counter saw me and gave me a stern look. "What will it be for you, Miss?" The man looked back down at the pot, to which I almost drooled over.

"Oh! I'll have the steak combo, please! The one that'll make me see the light." I smiled under my hoodie as I felt the man glaring back at me with another stern look. "A combo, huh? How would you like that cooked?"

I felt a slight grumble as the man remained in contact with me. "I'll have it grilled slowly over a low flame 'till done, please." The man said nothing more as he pointed towards a back room and so I followed his gaze...

I walked in and waited for my food to arrive. I just slipped on my headphones and boosted the volume as I played a different game on my portable console. I felt the room beginning to shake as I rested my headphones on my neck.

I squinted my eyes in an observant expression as I felt the room lowering itself down. 'An elevator? Yeah, not related to the game I just played a couple of days ago...' I rolled my eyes as small ding came from the doors.

The doors opened to reveal a big room full of people. I shrugged my shoulders, considering that I wasn't going to get that steak combo anytime soon. I walked out of the elevator and began to look around.

A small green creature came up to me and handed me a tag number. '402.? What is this place? A long line for the bread counter?' After about a solid three seconds, I put my headphones back on and started playing the game again.

A heavy vibration under my feet made me look up to see a man in blue. "How's it going? Never seen you here before; I'm Tonpa! A pleasure to meet you." The man shook out his hand as I refused to take it.

'If the grumpy old troll who lived under a bridge were real, this would be him.' I smirked at the thought of my mind comparing people to my everyday hobby. "Well... H-how bout' a toast to friendship?"

The troll- I mean... Tonpa pulled out two orange cans of juice and gave one to me. 'Oh no! This place is like that one game that I played last month! The main protagonist almost drinks the poison just because it looked like juice!'

I heard the elevator ding as three more people came out of it. Tonpa also looked, which made me quickly throw the can behind me. "Ouch! Hey, who threw that!" A bulky person stood up and crushed the can in his hand.

I pointed at Tonpa, which made him sweatdrop as the man walked over to him. I snickered as I stepped aside and walked away. I quickly got bored and got back to playing my video game. But someone interrupted me and caused me to restart the level...

"Is that what I think it is?" A boy with white hair came over and shoved his face in front of my screen. "You played Silent Hill?" The boy smirked and looked at me, which made me raise an eyebrow.

"I'll usually play any game with gore in it. Of course, I ignore the age restrictions." The boy with white hair rested his arms behind his head as he smiled proudly. "That isn't something to be smug about."

I scoffed as I glared at the boy. "Since you're so smart! How old are you, then?" The boy yelled in my face as I roughly pushed him away from me. "Way older than you, considering you're very childish."

I walked away and sat against the corner of the room. As soon as I finished the last game I brought with me, I stood and began to walk around. I eventually tugged on someone's shirt to tell me where I am.

"Yes, little one~?" I almost laughed but kept it in as I tried not to stare at the man in front of me. "Do you know what this place is?" I asked, trying to look innocent and clueless... "Why, this is the Hunter exam, of course, ~"

My eyes went white as soon as I heard what he said. 'I'm at the Hunter exam.? Awesome! This place is just like a real-life video game!' "Okay, then... Thank you!" I walked away and just decided to do my own thing.

'Dori me interim Adapare Dori me- "Hi! I'm Gon!" A boy in green disrupted my song, along with his two other friends. "Oh...uh, (Y/N)." I shook his hand, and he started chatting up a storm.

'He looks like one of those NPC characters who have a long a** introduction.' I then brought my eyes up to a man in a blue suit and wearing glasses. He shivered as soon as we made eye contact.

'Ah, yes... The Cowardly character. If this were a horror game, he'd be the first to die, but cowards like him are usually fit for the game with strategy.' I then brought my eyes up to a blonde boy.

'Oh, great...the Quiet and Insecure character who suffered through a dark background and his hoping to get revenge on the person who killed everyone he loved.' I then turned my head towards the white-haired kid.

'And, of course, there's an Egotistical and Laidback character who thinks he can do anything. But he also has a lot of confidence and looks like he knows what he's doing.' And then I slowly turned my head towards the person with who I felt the most uncomfortable.

'That guy looks so shady and vicious. Characters like that, he'd be falling into the Shady character category. And that outfit makes him even shadier. But I do like his "I don't care what you think" attitude.'

I cautiously turned my head towards a guy in green, who was walking around all weird. The first thing I felt when I stepped out of the elevator was tense pressure. And most of it was coming from him.

'He looks like that type of character who would hide their identity and then reveal themselves at the end. No... He falls into the Stalker character category. Seriously though, how could he not? He's been keeping a close eye on that white-haired kid since I got here.'

I covered my ears before that loud bell rang throughout the room. The giant wall in front of us lifted to reveal a man in purple. "Hello, and welcome all to the Hunter Exam." I sweatdropped as I wasn't interested in this in the first place, but...

'I guess I am doing this.'