Turns out she was waving to someones, because seconds later more and more children began to mount the top of the staircase, all of them giggling and chatting as they ran toward the courtyard. 

I watched in awe as they seemed to multiply. There were so many of them. It was the most children I had seen in one place in years. 

Everyone in our group pushed themselves to their feet, watching in curiously and shock as the children rushed toward us. 

Staying knelt next to Murphy, I shared a look of surprise with Bellamy. All of these children seemed happy, unafraid. 

Even when one of the older girls caught a sight of the cuffs on the mystery woman, she didn't look very concerned.

"It's okay, Rose." the woman promised, giving the young girl a small nod. "Don't be afraid."

I scanned the group of children and my eyes caught on one little girl who seemed to stand out against the rest. 

She had tight blonde curls, and blue eyes that caused you to stop and marvel. Something about her seemed different than the rest. Maybe it was the way the she watched the group of us. She didn't look alarmed, or scared, just curious. 

"Are you here to take us home?" Rose asked, drawing my attention away from the other girl. 

Confusion swept across the group of us as we watched as Rose awaited an answer. Her question sounded as if it were meant to be a joke, but the look on her face told me she was serious. 

Clarke tilted her head slightly as she shook her head. "Isn't this your home?"

All of us shared an uneasy look as Rose took a small step forward, one of the other girls doing the same. 

"Uh, guys..." Octavia announced, nodding toward an oncoming group of adults. They had guards leading the group, and they did not seem happy to see us. 

Bellamy addressed the group of us. "Remember, we're in their home. Everyone keep calm."

"Weapons down." Clarke instantly ordered as she and Bellamy prepared to greet the leaders of this settlement. 

"Abby, Avery, stay with Murphy." Bellamy instructed, purposely positioning himself so he was in front of us, providing any protection for Murphy if necessary. 

"Rose! Get away from them!" One of the women yelled, already rushing toward us. "Protect the host!" she ordered to the guards behind her. 

As the guards began rushing toward us, Clarke stepped forward. "Hey, it's okay!" she promised. "We're from Earth. We come in peace."

They didn't seem to believe her claim, as within a matter of seconds they were grabbing onto the children, ripping them away from us. 

"Kaylee," the woman from before exclaimed, stopping next to the mystery woman who had arrived with our group. "What happened? Where's your family?"

Kaylee, looked over at the group of us, her eyes darkening. "They killed them."

I winced as I looked over to the others. That probably wasn't getting off on the best foot.

"That's not good." Jordan whispered, mirroring my concerns. 

Suddenly, my attention was pulled back to Murphy who let out a harsh gasp, his body suddenly beginning to convulse.

"No, not now, not now!" Abby pleaded, the two of us instantly hovering over him. "He's seizing." she announced. 

I grabbed onto him, helping Abby to turn him onto his side as to clear his airway. "Come on, John." I pleaded, worry lacing my every word.