1

I stand on my tippy toes as I look over the wall with Jamel, Rudy and Monse.

"Do you see him?" I ask.

"When has Ceaser ever let us down before?" Monse says.

"Kickball trilogy." Is all ruby replies with.

"Loyalty trumps victory copa." Ceaser says behind us as he hands us each a beer, I thank him with a nod. "Take it in, this is about to be us. This is high school." He says with a sigh.

We each take a sip of beer and I'm quick to spit it out, "Wow, that's fucking disgusting dude."

"Oh guys check out Huerita, at nine o'clock." Rudy says, "Loretta, if you were a girl-."

"I am a girl Rudy." I reply with a eye roll.

"If you were that type of girl, would you wear underwear?" He asks in a daze.

I fake gag at his question. I zone out as I watch the party goers, Jamel is going on about dying, I make eye contact with Sad eyes, I give him a small smile and a small wave. He returns it and heads over to where we are. I follow Monse and Jamel and hop off what we are standing on.

"Check out my game, Huerta just gave me the nod." Ruby bites his lip and nods his head.

He squeals as sad eyes appears behind him and grabs him by his shoulder. "Are you eyeing my girl cabron?" Sad eyes asks not losing his grip.

"I don't even like blondes." Rudy struggles to get out.

"Easy he does your mom's taxes." Ceaser says.

Another man appears beside sad eyes, "Aye what are you doing that's Spookys lil bro." He hits sad eyes arm.

"My bad, tell spooky sad eyes sends respect alight?" They both walk away.

I catch Ruby as he jumps off, "Thank God for your brother." I say.

"No, thank God for better things." Ceaser replies.

We suddenly hear gun shots and we start running down the street.

"

Dude I think your brother is crying." I say as we all watch Mario and his girlfriend argue outside of Rudy's house.

"My brother doesn't cry. Oh my, he's crying." He says with disbelief. We duck down when Mario looks at us.

"Here comes waterworks." I yell as we rush to the couch, I sit on the arm rest next to Ceaser.

"We're you guys spying on me?" Mario asks. We all shake our heads no and he starts to cry again.

I get up and rub his arm to console him. "Are you crying?" Ruby asks.

"No." He pushes me away and I'm quick to sit back down. "I don't know. Look at you on the verge of high school. You're all about to live the best years of your life. It's the foundation for the rest of your life. Work hard and put your heart out there, even if it gets broken by some bitch you've known since 7th grade!" He yells and sighs, "Alright what's I was trying to say is don't go into high school with out back up. You guys need to stick together to survive. Got it?" We all nod. "I'm going to college mo-fos, now kiss my class ring." He puts it out for Ruby to kiss, we all look scared between eachother. "Oh and one more thing, don't bone Loretta or Monse."

We all laugh, "Who would want to do that." Monse says as we continue to crack up.

10 weeks later

Both Monse and I left for summer, I had to go to my Grandmother's and she went to writing camp, she was on her way to come grab me so we could see our friends. I had a black cami on and some jean shorts, Calis heat is no joke right now. I hear a knock at the door and run to grab it