Chapter 7: Her family

"How lucky I am! Looks like my target came directly to me!" Warden Wrath laugh again, preparing now two big fireballs on his hands "Don't believe that I have forget what you did to me in the Conformatorium!".

Luz took a step forward and with both hands activated a glyph of fire and one of ice together, the collision of temperatures made a cloud of fog cover her for a moment, when Wrath attacked she was no longer there, but now she had 5 of them running towards the soldiers with their glyphs at the ready. The soldiers raised their magic spears and from them fired a lightning each, each attack passed through the illusions created by Gus, the last Luz launched herself next to where Eda, Camila and Lilith were and placed another glyph of ice to create now a thick and tall wall that would cover them at least for a few moments from other attacks. The coven soldiers tried to go around the wall, but Willow with her vines and Viney on Puddles managed to repel them and make them back a few steps, while they did this, Gus kept creating illusions of both them and he to try to overwhelm his attackers or that at least they won't get hit with one of those lightning spells. It was not the best strategy, but it would give them time.

"Mamá!" Luz immediately hugged Camila like if she haven't see her in years, the mother was speechless, what were those moves? What was that magic? Where did Luz learn to be like this? This confidence, this determination, it was something that Luz had never shown at ... home, it is because the human world was not really her home, in the isles her daughter was totally in her element and Camila could appreciate it. She returned the hug, her daughter was no longer a little girl who needed to be protected, or at least not all the time.

Their little moment was interrupted by the loud crash of something crashing against the wall of ice, Warden Wrath had transformed his hands into giant hammers and was hitting the wall to knock it down. Luz separated from her mother, and with a determined look she pulled out more glyphs from her pocket. "I will give you time, please take care of Eda".

"Luz wait!" Camila took her hand to stop her from leaving, "I don't know what exactly those papers are but it's pretty obvious that they contain magic, just be careful please, I manage to save your vile sack but but still in a delicate state, don't use large amounts of magic or you might collapse again".

"Wait! I can do magic the traditional way?!" Luz said with genuine surprise, she made a small circle with her fingers, and on her hand a light spell was formed. The girl eyes become stars as her smile grew big enough to occupy almost her entire face "I CAN DO MAGIC!". Luz was in a total estate of happiness, making light spell after light spell with her free hand "Oh I can't wait to show this to Amity!" Camila was happy to see that even with all that had happened, her daughter was still the sweet girl that was fascinated by magic, still, she made some little coughs to get her attention. "Oh right! No excess of magic from now on!".

As Luz went back to try to contain Wrath, Camila returned her attention to the injured Eda. She could heal her wounds, make her get up again, she could make everything for her except cure that curse, that was something out of her capabilities.

Lilith put a hand on Camila's shoulder, she almost got hit again by the surprised woman. "Lilith?! What are you doing? Are you seriously going to continue with this after the emperor betrayed you?!".

"No".

"Are you that fanatic or have you been brainwa- Camila stop, looking directly at Lilith's face she could see shame for what she had done and a new conviction.

"I may not be a good sister, but I wish to be a good sister-in-law and a good aunt," Camila quickly processed what those words meant, Lilith was giving her her blessing to be with Eda. At a time like this? "I should have done this a long time ago".