Part 1

It was a warm and humid autumn afternoon as I was rushing to my part time job from the uni, it was starting to rain. I held my bag above my head, I had forgotten my umbrella at home. But the bus stop wasn't far. As I walked, I felt droplets of water running over my face. A bit of water got stuck in my eyelashes, I got the urge to wipe my eyes with my hand. I stepped inside the bus shelter. I heard the spatter of rain on the trees by the roadside. I loved that sound, it made me calm. I closed my eyes and swept away the drops of water from my eyelids. The spatter of rain dug into my unconsciousness.

When I opened my eyes, a bus was in front of me. I couldn't see its number at first, but it was the right one and I quickly waved at the driver to not close the doors. I stepped onto the bus and found a corner to stand in. There were so many people, so many strangers so close to each other. I wondered if we got stuck inside the bus for a while, would we talk to each other? Would we find friends? The rain fell onto the windows. It seemed to be quite sociable, raindrops always fell down together. They were never alone.

My shift at the coffee shop started at three and ended at eight. Working was quite tiring. But I needed the money. I stood behind the counter and fastened the straps of my black apron as I let my eyes wander around in the room. There were mostly younger people in the shop at the moment. Then the door opened and some people stepped inside. They ordered their drinks and sat down at the tables. My coworker talked to them as I started to prepare the drinks. For the final touch I made the shape of the sun into the coffee foam. I walked to a table were two guys sat and cut off their conversation. "A cappuccino and a black coffee." I smiled at the them. "Thanks." I looked at the guy on my left and our eyes met, to my surprise he was really handsome. I studied him for a moment. Short dark hair, his bangs pushed back. His face was smooth and his lips seemed so soft, he had nice eyes, they were deep brown, his skin had a bit of a tan. Then I got to my senses and looked away. I bowed a bit and walked back to the counter. I kept my eyes on him from the distance. He wore a dark grey suit and a silver hand watch. He seemed to work out, he had a nice figure. He looked classy and hot. He sat there, leaning at the back of the chair. I watched him as he was talking to his companion but suddenly he turned his eyes in my way. Our eyes met again, he looked at me intently for a moment then turned his gaze away and took a sip of coffee. I put some more cakes onto the shelf on the counter and prepared some new orders, all the while secretly taking glances at him as he discussed something with the other man. I was thinking he could have passed as a model, he looked about 6 or 7 years older than me, so around 27 or 8, I wondered what kind of job he had.

Some time later I was preparing some orders, lost in my thoughts when I suddenly noticed him walking to the counter. The man who had come with him had also stood up. They seemed to be about to leave. But the handsome guy stopped in front of me, wrote something on a piece of paper, put it on the counter in front of me and looked into my eyes. "Thanks and bye." he said with a low and calm voice. Then he went out of the door, for a moment I could hear the rain falling, then the door closed and the outside sounds were cut off. I took the paper in my hand. Fb: Vid Lang. It was his Facebook contact. A shudder of excitement ran through my body.

Later at night when I was home and dried my black wavy hair with a towel as I came out of the shower, I sat down on the couch and grabbed my phone. The piece of paper lied on the table. Vid Lang. I entered the name into the Facebook search bar. I looked at his profile, he was born in 1993, he was 7 years older than me. There were pictures of him alone, together with his friends, family, coworkers? On some pictures he was together with a beautiful woman. She was clinging onto his arm and smiled widely, they looked like a couple. I didn't know what to think of it. I scrolled down and stopped at a picture of him at the seaside at night. The wind was ruffling his hair, he was wearing a black turtleneck. His eyes looked lonely. It was like he wanted to let the wind take him away. I lied down on the couch my legs dangling over the edge. I sent him a friend request then I dropped the phone on my chest and breathed in silence. I imagined the living room full of people. There were people from the bus, my friends from the uni, my father and even my mother. I imagined him there, looking into my eyes from the crowd. But then suddenly they all ran out onto the balcony and a gust of wind blew them away. Only someone's lost shoe was left on the ground in the middle of the room.