ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴠᴀᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Start from the beginning

"Ehem"

Your mind still wonders on what you should do when Nayeon and the others are gone. Making that small intentional cough unnoticeable.

"Eheeeeem"

Another one faintly went to your ears but you paid no mind to it thinking that it's just a random sound.

"Yah! When someone purposely coughs next to you, it means they're calling for your attention!" You heard a loud voice beside you making you snap out of your thoughts

"What do you need? miss someone who's calling my attention?" You retorted.

The bunny girl pulled her other hand from her back, handing it to you.

"What's this?" Accepting the plane ticket, you got a glimpse and it has your information on it.

"You really think that we'll go without you? You're supposed to be by my side at all times remember?" She huffed, looking into your eyes.

The latter didn't dwell on longer as Momo practically dragged her away, asking if she can accompany her to the cafeteria.

"You're absolutely right bunny-ssi. I'll always be by your side." A small smile tugged your lips.

- | -

     The girls went shopping after going to the company. They were supposed to go by pairs but of course, 9 is still an odd number. So you ended up with Nayeon alone.

     It was tiring to be honest. You got dragged from one shop to another. It's either...

     'Wahh this is pretty!'

     'Oh it's on sale, let's buy it!'

     'I bet that this dress is made for me'

     or

     'I might need this in the future!'

     She went on a shopping spree, ignoring your existence as she kept on talking to herself. Well—she didn't completely ignore you, she always acknowledged you whenever she exits one shop to hand you the bags.

     Although shopping with her almost made your arms fall off, you couldn't bring it to yourself to complain. She just looked so happy and carefree.

     A big smile never leaving her face. At one glance, a person might think that she's daddy's spoiled little girl for all of the things that she bought. But that's a big no. She deserves everything that she has now.

     Even though that you only worked for her for at least 4 weeks now, you definitely saw that being an idol isn't always rainbows and sunshines.

     Usually you would try to annoy her every chance you get. Obviously for the past 4 weeks, the days were filled with banters. But this time, you let her enjoy herself. She even noticed how quiet you were the whole day.

      "What's got you so quiet? No 'Yah grumpy bunny, don't try to buy the whole mall'?" She said with a much more lower voice, seemingly trying to imitate you.