081. Who Wins The War

Start from the beginning

Venus grabbed Metatron by their hair, shaking them like she'd been shaken just minutes before, and turned to Voldemort. "I'm the descendant of the Angel of Death, what did you think was going to happen?" Her attention was brought back down to Metatron, beaten and weakened, still shooting daggers at Venus.

"I hope you remember who your uncle, father, and friend saw before they died." Metatron spat, smiling sinisterly, proud of the pain she'd caused in Venus' life. From the start until the very end.

Venus pulled out the archangel blade from her back pocket, pulling Metatron's head closer to her. "Go to hell."

She reeled her arm back and swung it at the archangel's neck, and after one swing, she'd completely severed the head from the body. She sighed, patting the sweat from her forehead, and throwing Metatron's decapitated head toward Voldemort. Metatron may have won the battle, but Venus had taken the victory of the war as their head rolled in front of the dark wizard. His slim, white face craned down to his partner's head. "Metatron may have not completed the mission, but I already have."

Venus glared at him, eyes flickering between their usual brown and bright orange. "You sound confident," she stepped closer wiping Metatron's blood off on her jeans. "Don't be."

Like her words gave him his cue, Harry sprung out of Hagrid's arms, shooting charms at different Death Eaters that attempted to apprehend him as he fled the scene. Venus didn't hesitate to cover for him, grabbing a dark witch firing curses in his direction and punching her square in the face knocking her out cold. The rave of Death Eaters didn't last long because soon, many of these witches and wizards that Venus had heard about to be mean, cold-blooded and vengeful all disapparated cowardly and in fear of two teenagers.

Bellatrix Lestrange shouting at them to stay while many of the Angel flew off too. They had nothing to fight for, nobody to lead them and Bellatrix cursing at them to come back did not increase her chances of keeping their army together. "Venus!" Dashing toward the entrance of the door, managing to narrowly block curses sent by Bellatrix, another charm was sent in her direction. Unable to block this one, Venus was propelled back into the jagged bits of rock and debris inside the castle, back aching where an angel stunning charm had been pointed at her.

In the midst of all of this commotion, she'd lost Hermione and Ron. So, she proceeded toward different dark wizards and angels coming her way— now easily defeating them with two strikes. Then, something had caught her off-guard, a slash across her back. The familiar burning sensation of an angel blade wound clouded her senses. She staggered back up and turned to her culprit, it was Marco. "Long time, no see, Sister killer."

"You're still on that? That happened like two years ago. Get over it." Marco swung at Venus, she hastily dodged grabbing her own blade out of her pocket. "Metatron's dead, what're you even fighting for?"

Marco punched Venus square in the gut. She returned the favor, also grabbing his arm and flipping him down on the debris-filled ground. "My beliefs. Nephilims shouldn't live. Not with all of the destruction you cause. Look at how many people are dead—"

"And that's my fault? Venus let him go out of exasperation. "None of this would have happened if it wasn't for your leader and their partner." Marco didn't let up, proceeding to strike Venus and earn some stabs from her, eventually collapsing down onto the rubble that was once a Godric Gryffindor statue. Her golden blade glittering beautifully under her rising sun, she gripped the base and stood over the angel that helped Metatron. The angel that dedicated his life to destroying hers. "Don't fault me, this started when I'd just got here. My life was taken before I could even enjoy it," she knelt down and pressed the blade to his windpipe, "and you know what?"

"What?"

"That's your fault. Not mine." She plunged it into his neck, watching as the light shone through every orifice of his body and burn.

Castiel swept in with a woosh just as Marco had taken his last breath. "The numbers are decreasing, both Angels and Death Eaters." Venus nodded, standing up and wiping Marcos blood off of the blade. "I have something else to show you." He pulled out a vial from his coat pocket, a vial that looked oddly similar to god's grace.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"It is." Castiel sighed, placing the vial in Venus' hands.

"No." Venus stated, pushing the vial by toward Castiel. "No. I can't take this."

"Well, who will take it? If not Metatron."

Venus pursed her lips. "You take it." Castiel furrowed his eyebrows, stunned that Venus could suggest such a thing. "When I pictured God, I pictured someone forgiving, calculated, loving and wise. Something Metatron wasn't and would never have been. You are who I picture God to be. You and Corinne honestly, if God took our side, then it's obvious who the candidates for next God should be." Venus never thought she'd be saying these words to anyone, but as long as it was Cas, she was alright with it.

He had a grateful grin on his face, clutching the vial determinedly. "Thank you Venus Rosario. I knew you'd always win the war." With that, he vanished. The sky was getting a little bit clearer as nighttime faded. Hermione had found her standing over Marco's corpse, taking her hand and leading her outside onto the bridge that served as the entrance of Hogwarts. The sun on her skin felt ancient and she breathed in the air that still felt heavy around her— like the touch of Metatron and Voldemort hadn't left just yet.

Harry was standing there, looking down at the water clutching the elder wand in her hands. Venus ran over to him, glancing down at the wand and back up at her boyfriend. "Voldemort?"

"Dead." He answered. "Metatron?"

"Dead." She said, eyeing the wand between his fingertips. "What're you going to do with it?"

He shrugged. Ron suggested to keeping it, but quickly shut up when Hermione sent him a glare. "It's Harry's. He should decide, not us."

Harry gripped both sides of the wand forcefully. The other three watched astonishingly as Harry broke the most powerful wand in the world in half, tossing it off the bridge one by one. "Wouldn't want it in the wrong hands. . . again."

Venus wrapped her arms around him, her tired eyes looking at him full of admiration. "You made a good choice."

The pair turned toward the Castle, left in ruins. Hermione walked over to Venus; Ron to Harry as they all connected hands with each other. Beginning here as strangers, walking along this exact bridge into the school straight out of a fantasy story left crumbling and decrepit. What started off as a rivalry and mutual awkwardness blossomed into a connection, a connection intertwined by pure loyalty and adoration. Venus didn't know whether she was lucky or cursed, but standing here, with three of the people she'd grown to love over the past two years, felt like more of a blessing.

Now, they were free— free from Voldemort and Metatron, Death Eaters and Angels, an anxiousness and horror that returned every year, and the idea that at any moment something terrible would happen. Venus Rosario and Harry Potter had beaten the demons that'd been haunting them since birth.

Ready to finally start their lives, free of ridicule and self-destruction. To have dinner with friends, set up picnics, have sleepovers, get into dumb fights, talk about their futures, do stupid things and just. . . live and for the love of god with no Angels or Death Eaters. It's fair that these two catch a break— for once.

ANIKA IS SPEAKING. . .
This concludes Heavenly, officially. I am so glad to be able to click that Complete button, but saddened that I'll be saying goodbye to the story that got my passion of writing fanfiction started. Thank you to the loyal readers, commenters and friends I've made since I published this story. I began drafting this Last January out of pure boredom and quarantine depression, now I am a high school graduate and happy where life is taking me. I will be writing an epilogue shortly and most likely publishing
tomorrow or friday. Thank to everyone who was on the ride with Venus & I hope you guys enjoyed Heavenly. 💕