077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End

Start from the beginning

Venus buried her face into his chest. Her arms wrapped around his waist and clutched tightly. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me. Fight for me." Azrael took out his angel blade and a glass vial. One similar to the one that held gods grace.

"What're you doing?"

Venus watched her uncle cut a tiny line in his neck, and silver shimmering light flow out until the entire vial was encompassed with it. She shook her head, pushing the vial away from her.

"No." Venus spoke. "You're not killing yourself to save me. No. Absolutely not."

"You have to." Azrael forcefully opened her hand and placed the vial in it.

"I don't want to! I can't be having everyone close to me die to protect me. It started off with mum, dad, Uncle Ted, Constance, and now you." Azrael wasn't good around human emotion that was always Ariel's speciality. He peered down at his niece sobbing into her hands and pulled them away from her face.

"Please don't cry in front of me. I don't know what to do when you act all human-y." He admitted managing to receive a chuckle out of Venus. "Venus, I've been alive for centuries. I watched colussiams in Ancient Rome be built, I've lived through all of the human wars, even wizard wars. I think it's my time, but you're still in your prime. Even if you won't let me, I'll die for you one way or the other. You got the stubbornness from me, don't think I'll back down so easily."

Venus smiled. Even though she wasn't happy, it was a bittersweet feeling she'd gotten used to. The vial was still in her hand. Shimmering twinkles of Archangel grace that reflected stars in her eyes. The sparkles glided through the air beautifully and made their way into Venus's eyes. The feeling was different, not bad or painful. Just different.

A weird sensation spread itself around her body. Her skin tingled like bits of electricity were traveling through her bloodstream. Heat and shivers rushed themselves up her spine. Dark brown pupils that were once her eyes were now replaced with light. Two days of light shining at Azrael who watched his power multiply ten times fold.

Venus held her hand up and punched the tree beside her. It immediately broke in half, hanging sadly at the small pieces of bark that held it up.

"Look who's back." Azrael chuckled proudly.

The absence of a father figure (excluding Ted) was evident in the way Venus grew up. The need to always succeed, be on top, always have everything figured out. About twenty minutes ago, for the first time, Venus Rosario had no faith in herself. For the first time ever, someone else had helped Venus in return. Her uncle.

Even though Azrael wasn't technically human, his embrace was as warm as ever. She stood there for a while, just hugging him before she had to step back into the battlefield.

Suddenly, a sharp burn tickled throughout Venus' chest. She stumbled back in pain. The middle of her chest was burning bright red, the veins and blood vessels glowing dark red, like an unnatural infection. She looked up at Azrael to ask him what happened, but how could someone talk with blood trickling down every breach of their face? His body went limp and fell to the ground and Metatron appeared behind him, holding the archangel blade between their hands.

"I use to like Azrael. Time really does change a person, or maybe someone did." Metatron swung the blade between their fingers. "You bastards, abominations always find a way to make yourselves a martyr. When, in reality, you're all prey."

"How can someone stronger be deemed as prey?" Venus didn't stumble back this time. She stepped up to Metatron and let the tip of the blade press against her stomach.

"You're a brave little one." Metatron watched Venus's eyes flicker between a white and blue light. Immediately, she bit her tongue. "You've got borrowed grace. What a hero your late Uncle Azrael is."

Venus' eyes stopped glowing. She glanced down at the dead body of her Uncle that'd she'd just met a few days ago. Another person dead, because of her. Anger replaces grief, so does her natural eye color.

Metatron sighed softly. "Well, I guess-"

It happened faster than the speed of light. One swift punch was launched at Metatron and the Archangel flung a few feet back. Minor confusion turned into mild anxiousness as Metatron watched Venus' bright white eyes laser throughout the dark sky.

They watched the girl in silence, realizing how little time they had to kill her. Before she reached her full power.

 Before she reached her full power

🪷 ANIKA SPEAKS
lol name reveal. but long time no see, i'm so sorry for the delayed updates! school got in the way and i've been super busy preparing for college. it's almost the end of my school year so i have a lot of more free time when i'm not studying for my AP exams. a few more chapters until Heavenly is officially completed. I plan on rewriting and changing the theme of this book like I have it for this chapter. It will definitely take some time but I prefer thsi theme much more compared to my other one.

I'll stop babbling but I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I wanted to publish as soon as possible so I didn't grammar check properly, so if a sentence doesn't make sense just pretend you didn't see it.

Also! As a small apology, I have a Ron story ready to post by tonight. So, all the Ron Stans get excited.