After a moment, Trevor looked over and found Samuel had fallen asleep in his arms. He took Samuel's glasses off, and when he turned back to look at the boy, his hand moved of its own accord to run a hand down the side of Samuel's face. So peaceful, he thought. He picked Samuel up, holding him with one arm under his legs, and the other around his shoulders. Trevor carried him to his bed and laid him there to rest while he sat in the silence. He didn't know how long he'd sat while he waited for Sam to wake up.

When Sam did wake up, he'd calmed down and gained a bed-head, just from laying there for so long. Trevor chuckled at the sight, and went to fix Samuel's hair.

Samuel pouted and Trevor gave him a winning grin. "You know, you're kind of cute when you wake up from a nap," he commented.

"Stop talking, Trevor," Sam mumbled as he went to grab his glasses off Trevor's nightstand.

"Dinner's ready!" Hank called from downstairs.

Samuel stood from the bed to follow Trevor down to the dining room, so they could eat. When he sat down, Regena was less hospitable than she was the previous night. "So how long were you planning on staying, Samuel?" she asked.

Samuel finished his bite before he spoke. "I don't plan on staying long. Just the one night."

The rest of the meal went by in silence, and Samuel lingered at the bottom of the stairs when he saw Hank and Trevor talking for a moment. He heaved a silent sigh and went up the stairs to get into the pajamas he'd packed.

The door shut behind him as he rummaged around in his bag. He glanced over to find Trevor already stripping his shirt. Samuel stayed quiet as he got himself dressed, not caring if Trevor even saw. When he turned around, Trevor was laying on his bed in silence, playing on his phone.

Samuel sat on the edge of the bed, glancing around to find a spot to lay down, until a hand planted itself on his shoulder. He looked over and saw Trevor pointing to the bed. "Here. You can sleep in my bed. I'll find someplace else to sleep."

Samuel shook his head. "No, this is your room, you deserve to sleep in your bed more than I do," he replied. Trevor crossed his arms over his chest. "You and I are going to have so many problems, because you are a guest, and you're stubborn."

"You're the host, and you're the stubborn one," Samuel replied.

"Sleep in my bed."

"Sleep in your own bed!"

"You're the guest!"

"And you're the host!"

The two of them argued for several moments, until the two of them agreed to share the bed. "We're never going to get anywhere if we just keep arguing," Samuel said.

Trevor's brain screamed inside him, but he kept his mouth shut as Samuel crawled under the covers, giving Trevor enough room to crawl under as well. They stared at each other until Samuel closed his eyes and turned his back to Trevor. He tried his best to make it seem like he was asleep, so Trevor could leave him alone.

After an eternity in the silence, he looked over and saw Trevor already asleep. Samuel took everything in, from Trevor's loose hair, to his slightly open mouth; from the quiet sound of Trevor's breathing, to the way his eyebrows furrowed a little as he slept.

Samuel lifted a hand, slowly, to touch Trevor's lips. His thumb slid across the length of Trevor's mouth, from one end to the other, and his own lips thinned. I sure hope I don't regret this, he thought.

He leaned forward as best he could, closing his eyes as he went, until his lips met Trevor's. The rush nearly forced a hum of satisfaction from his throat, but he held it down, instead moving his hand to cup Trevor's jawline, and his other hand went to his chest.