Chapter 1- Meeting The Frost and Shadows

When the Man in the Moon freed me from my prison of ice, I could see the world but once he placed me on the ground, I saw nothing, but darkness and I knew only what Manny told me, 'My name is Jack Frost and I'm the winter spirit' but I also learned, I'm blind.

I wander the area around my lake never going far and always with a string of ice in case I go too far. It's always dark but I can tell when the sun is out because it feels warm on my ice skin, I hear sounds in the distance but never go there, afraid I'll lose my way back and never be able to return home.

It's been 2 months since I surfaced and I feel alone, I've learned to live with the wind as my "eyes" as she calls herself, I sit under a tree tonight listening to wind as she sings feeling peaceful and happy song, I didn't even notice when someone came and sat beside me, "Well good evening" I jump away allowing the wind to keep me upright "who...who's there!" "Your joking, right?" "Does it look like I'm joking, who are you?!?!" "Holy shit! Your blind!" "no duh genius, now who are you!" "I apologies I did not realize, my name is Pitch, Pitch Black. Better known as the Boogieman" "the wind has told me of you, you scare children and feed from there nightmares" I hear him laughing "not quiet, yes I scared children, but I don't feed from them, no I collect so to speak." I nod not really understanding "would you care to sit down again or you just going to stand there" "I'll sit but don't try anything!" "Never dream of it" I struggle to find the tree before feeling a hand take mine and lead me to sit. "Thank you, Mr. Black", "please call me Pitch, and you are?" "Frost, Jack Frost" "nice meeting you Mr. Frost" "Jack please, it's nice speaking to another person.....if you're nodding, I can't see you" "I am aware" we both start laughing and stay under the tree talking and laughing every now and then. "Jack, would you like to stay with me in my home, you wouldn't need to worry about being lost as you can have your own seeing eye nightmare?"

Pitch gave me a day to decided what I what I want to do, stay here near the lake or go with him. And I've my decision, so when he comes tonight, I'll tell him. I go to a nearby tree and sit waiting for him to come.

I sit for what seems like hours, probably was, I feel something touch my arm and I jump sending a wave of ice towards it. "SHIT, careful Frost you nearly froze me solid" "Pitch?" "Yes me, who else...sorry I should have been more careful." "No, it's ok I reacted without thinking" we both start laughing, "so Jack have you made a choice?" "I have and I want to go with you please"

I have no idea how to tell night or day as it's always dark here according to Pitch. "JACK, PLEASE COME HERE" I get up from my seat and take the nightmares lead. Pitch says it's like leash so I can follow her without worry. "Take me to Pitch please" I listen to her hooves and follow her lead.
We walk for what feels like hours before I run into something solid and hard "GAH" I back up and trip falling backwards towards the ground. But I never hit "Jack are you alright" I'm lifted and pulled into arms, I quickly wrap around his waist "yeah, yeah I'm ok, thanks Pitch" "of course come on" I feel back up but keeping hold of me taking my hand "what about Korra?" "she'll follow behind us, don't worry" he starts walking making sure I stay safe and away from anymore walls