Escape from the Darklands

Start from the beginning

He chuckled, trying his best to whisk it, right before he was seen yelping as he flipped his omelette. It seemed as if he was a lot more clumsier as he cooked, which was unusual.

Barbara leaned over, watching as the pan was lit, the omelette burning as he tried to repeatedly toss it. "Looks like you've been taking cooking lessons from me."

"Guys... he can't even cook right!"

Jim had tossed it too far, the omelette sticking to the ceiling. His head whipped in every direction as he tried to find it, "The doctor said, after that concussion and loss of memory, you need all the nourishment you can get." He heard it unstick from above, running beneath it and holding out the plate. The burnt food landed perfectly on the plate and he handed it to Barbara who didn't seem as pleased, "And voila! Omelette a la Jimbo."

She took a bite and nearly gagged, "Thank you, Jim."

"Yes!" Jim hissed out, smiling.

"Must've been some concussion. I still can't remember when we redecorated the house." She set the food down, leaning against the sink as the memories played back. Jim hand shoved his mother to the floor as the axe swung into the door, Barbara crying out right before Strickler had shot the lamp, standing nervously behind the armoured table.

Scenes kept replaying, Angor yelping as the fridge flew in his direction, Angor firing at the lights while Barbara was cornered, laughing wickedly.

"It's a shame. I-I really loved the wallpaper you picked, Mrs.- Mom." His phone beeped, causing him to rush out of the house. "Gotta go, but I'll be back for dinner. See you later, Dr. L!"

"TOBY!" Everyone screamed out, the said boy leaping from his spot in panic after being frightened by his name suddenly being shouted at the top of everyone's lungs.

"You are a really good actor there Tobes," Jim teased, his best friend rolling his eyes.

"Guys, this means Jim is still in the Darklands. I mean, his health is still confusing but hey, he has to be alive."

"Dr. L?" She repeated with confusion. The garage door opened, revealing Jim as he shielded his eyes from the sun, smiling as Claire stood there, waiting for him.

"We are late, Jimbo." She turned to face him with a teasing smile. Jim groaned out, pushing the bike out as he spoke.

"Keeping up appearances is hard. She was so close to finding out today." He had a hard time keeping up with Claire as they had taken the same way Jim and Toby had in the first episode. "I don't know how long I can keep this up." He pulled off the mask, revealing Toby who was filling in for Jim, "you wear the glamour mask and play Jim. It's got this sweaty troll stank to it."

Jim smiled, that's how they were doing it. It was a pretty smart idea, but the idea of Claire playing him and living his life seemed a little nerve racking. He finally won her over, he wasn't going to scare her off if she found something out about his life... wait, it didn't seem to matter anyways, his secrets were being blasted to the whole school!

Blinky was proud of the team so far, minus Toby's acting skills. They managed to keep up in the Trollhunter's absence, which proved they were efficient enough, especially since Vendel was trying his best to hide an approving smirk from the room.

As Claire flew down the path, she turned to look back at her friend, excitement running through her veins. "No way. We made a deal. You cover for him in Arcadia, I handle all his duties in Trollmarket."