54. homicidal maniacs

Start from the beginning

My head was spinning, and my thoughts were becoming so jumbled I couldn't think straight. Clamping my eyes shut, I did my best to tune out the sound of Murphy's gunfire. 

Seconds after it started, the noise ceased, and soon my hands were being pulled away from my eyes. "Look at me." Murphy demanded, causing my eyes to spring open. 

He was knelt down in front of my, his gun slung over his shoulder. "They both took off separately. I'm going to try and find Clarke, she seems better off than Bellamy. The three of us are going to stop him before he kills us all, okay?"

I stared back at him, eyes wide and no words coming to mind. I couldn't even form a response. 

"Okay?" he asserted, this time more strongly. 

My brain seemed to click into focus and I gave a quick nod. "O-okay." I whispered. "We just can't kill him."

"We're not going to kill him." Murphy promised, glancing out around our cover. "I'm going to leave you here, okay? But I'll be right back for you. Do not move, you hear me?"

This response came more quickly than the last. "I hear you." I answered, "But what if Bellamy finds me?"

Murphy pushed himself to his feet. "Scream. Loud."

He was then taking off toward the other buildings, leaving me basically shaking in fear. I pulled my knees closer to my chest, burying my head in them.

"You're okay." I told myself repeatedly. "You're okay. John's coming back for you. You're okay."

"You're not okay."

This time Murphy wasn't here for me to blame the voice on. In a panic, I pulled my head out of in between my knees and hurriedly looked around. 

There was someone standing a few feet away from me. He was watching me with a small smile that made my heart drop.

"AVERY!" This voice came from behind me, pulling me away from the mysterious figure. It was Bellamy, and he was pissed. "I"M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU!" he yelled from wherever he was hidden. "JUST COME OUT, AND I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE!"

"No." I whispered, firmly shaking my head as I brought my hands back up to cover my ears. "No."

"He'll kill you."

The voice was back, and when I opened my eyes the figure was right in front of me. His eyes that mirrored my own were inches away from my face. 

I let out a strangled gasp as I pushed myself harder into the metal wall of the storage container. This couldn't be real.

"Finn?" I whispered, dropping my hands away from my ears once again. "Finn, why are you here."

My brother wore a blank look as he glance past me for a moment. "You have to be stronger than this." he ordered. "Be strong or they'll kill you."

"No." I argued, my voice almost rising past an acceptable level in which Bellamy couldn't hear me. 

"Collins!"

I jumped, tearing my attention away from Finn to look at Murphy and Clarke who were quickly approaching me. 

"Who are you talking to?" Murphy demanded, he and Clarke ducking behind the cover with me. 

"No one." I lied, not wanting to admit that my mind was betraying me. 

Murphy either didn't have the time, nor worry, to press me any further. Instead, he set some things down in front of me. "Tear gas." he explained, pointing to the canister. "I'm going to draw Bellamy in, and then Clarke's going to administer this. It'll knock him out."