-'ᶜᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵃⁿᵍᵉˡˢ'-

Song tip: ANGELS- Chase Atlantic

"I ain't been doing way too good lately, I'm losing signal in the hills I'm having difficulties. Calling on my angels, it's getting darker and I'm starting to get anxious."

///////

Kuroo wasn't allowed in the room.

He looked into the door's small window where doctors were surrounding his Tsukishima. He wanted to burst in there and tell them how much Tsukishima would've hated them prodding and poking him but he knew they were doing their best.

Akiteru, along with their mother and a man that Kuroo didn't recognise, had arrived at the hospital about an hour-and-a-half after the ambulance had arrived there.

The two didn't seem to be close to the man but the man seemed to be close to Tsukishima by the way his brows would crease ever so often and a little bead of sweat would trickle from his forehead. He would curse under his breath and pace around the waiting room. It made all three of them uncomfortable but they didn't stop him.

"Akiteru..."

"I know mom."

Kuroo watched as the woman turned to her eldest and slapped him clean across the face. He hadn't expected that. Tsukishima's mom was crying as glared at Akiteru who was holding his cheek.

"I told you too look after him! Why couldn't you just do that?! You're his big brother for God's sake!" It was quiet for a moment, no one moved or spoke.

"All you had to do was...just be there Akiteru."

Akiteru's gaze was set on the floor and his mom gave up, throwing her arms in the air before letting them fall limp as she muttered something about a 'dinosaur plushie', her heels clicking against the linoleum flooring as she walked away. 

"Sorry Tetsurō. My mom's right, i should've been keeping an eye on him." Akiteru's voice was small and Kuroo could physically feel the battle he was having inside his mind. It was the same one he had as he waited in the same waiting room for someone who would never return.

"I told you Tadashi was no good."

Akiteru scrunched his face up and balled his fists. Him and Tadashi had always been closer than the rest of them, Tadashi was the first friend Akiteru ever made and Akiteru was the first person who ever stuck with Tadashi.

"He's..."

"Your friend? Well Tsukishima is your family and look which one of them is in a hospital bed right now."

"I get it Kuroo."

The mystery man spoke up now, his words small and shaking, his eyes never meeting anyone else's in the room.

"I'm sorry...Akiteru. I should've been there, not you. It's not on you."

"It's fine dad."

Kuroo left the conversation, his mind going back to how long the doctors were taking in that room. Be just wanted to see Tsukishima's soft smile, hear his voice and smoke a cigarette on the window seat at three am with him. Always with him.

"Kuroo..." Kuroo was bought back into the conversation and he cursed them, the silence had been kind of relaxing as he had tried to put his thoughts in order.

"What?" The man spat, his fists clenching. None of this should be happening.

"Do you love him...?"

He didn't want to say yes, if he said yes he would be admitting to Akiteru that he had moved on from Bokuto, the same man he promised he'd never move on from. The same man he smoked with at three am and took stargazing on top of the abandoned building. The same man he drove home and left with a kiss, the same man he couldn't warn about Tadashi. He didn't know back then.