I looked down at the ground as he said that. He wasn't wrong. The last time I went on a proper date was in school.

"Really? It's been that long?" Tobi asked shyly.

I blushed. "I said that out loud?"

"Sure did, Bookworm," JJ laughed and slung his arm around my shoulder. "Can't say I'm surprised."

"JJ," Vik glared at him but I shrugged.

"Let's just watch the video," I muttered. Jenna had offered plenty of times to set me up with some guys she knew. I constantly declined, but the more I thought about it the more I started to feel sorry for myself.

Maybe I should give one of them a call.

As they were setting up the video, I opened up one of the more recent guys that had given me his number and texted him.

-Hey. I'm not busy this week if you wanted to go out?

I almost immediately received a response.

-Yeah ok. Shall I pick you up this afternoon?

I glanced around at everyone, and caught JJ's eyes on me. The mocking look in his eyes answered the question.

-Sounds good to me. Here's my new address.

I sent him my address before shutting off my phone and sighing. I was going to prove JJ wrong if it was the last thing I did.

As the video started playing, I scooted closer to Vik. He was the first one I met, so there was a comfort in sitting next to him.

We watched the video, and I was grateful that I didn't look terrible throughout it.

After the video, we all talked for a while, but I looked down at my phone and stood. "I have to go get ready."

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"I have a date," I couldn't help but glance over at JJ, who tensed as I said that.

Ha. I bet you feel real stupid now.

"Okay, well, have fun," Josh told me. I smiled at him before going into my room and getting ready to leave. I changed into casual clothes, since I wasn't expecting a guy like him to take me anywhere fancy.

He was just like all of the others. Most likely did drugs. But I didn't care.

I met him outside and immediately smelled the smoke as I got in the car.

I didn't know he smoked.

"Hey Sam," I smiled nervously at him and he grinned.

"You're the chick that reads, right?"

I grimaced. Was it really a big deal that I read? So I shrugged. "Not really anymore."

"Good," He pulled away from the building. "That means we get more time together."

I shifted, but it felt good to be going out again.

*****

Sam leaned over the console in the center and didn't hesitate to pull me into a very deep kiss. I was a little uncomfortable, since it was only the end of our first date, but I kissed him back so that I didn't seem like a loser.

"So," He smirked. "See you tomorrow?"

I blinked. That was when we were staying at the haunted mansion. "Oh, uh, I can't tomorrow. I'm hanging out with my friends."