Suddenly the Gryffindors leaped out from under the table and ran at the Slytherin table, swinging their arms around. Odetta tried to look away and bite her bottom lip, trying to stop herself from joining. "Fuck it." She muttered before she jumped over the table, but Regulus grabbed her hand.

"Odetta, just sit down." Regulus ordered but she ignored him and yanked her hand out of his grip before clenching her fist, pulling it back and hitting one of the Gryffindors who mocked Regulus.

Suddenly, someone punched her nose making her topple back slightly and her eyes water. Slowly, she removed her hands which covered her nose and glanced at her blood covered palms. She then glanced up to see who hit her to she James who rushed over. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you!" He exclaimed as he hurried over and rested his hands on the sides of her arms.

Odetta clenched her jaw as her pupils narrowed. She bit down on her bottom lip in concentration as she clenched her fist and punched him in the stomach, winding the Gryffindor boy and making him double over in pain. Once the boy lifted his head, her clenched fist travelled in his direction but McGonagall had cast a spell to freeze the fighting students.

"Detention Black, Potter and Greengrass!" She shrieked as she lifted up her emerald robes so she wouldn't trip as she hurried over. The Professor then flicked her wand to unfreeze the students. Odetta glared at the already bruising James, feeling the blood trickle down her chin.

-☽-
"Why did you get involved?" Regulus asked as he walked with Odetta to her detention that night. "I was in the mood to punch someone." She replied with a shrug which made him roll his eyes as they approached the door to the trophy room.

She had been given the dreadful task of polishing the many trophies without magic. She pushed the door open where an unimpressed Mcgonagall stood, her arms resting in front of her with her nose up in the air.

"You're late Miss Greengrass." The Professor informed. "Well when you have a room which moves between the 3rd and 6th floor, it's difficult to know where it is." Odetta replied in an annoyed tone.

"You'll be polishing them trophies with Mr Potter and I want it done in silence." She ordered before she left, her emerald robe flowing behind her. Odetta looked over to see the hunched over James, bruises scattered in the areas she hit him.

The two silently grabbed a piece of cloth and picked up one of the trophies, beginning to polish the metal. James then leaned over a trophy towards Odetta so she could see the plaque. "Are you showing me it because your name is on it?" She asked with a raised eyebrow as the boy nodded with a proud grin.

"I actually didn't mean to hit you." James added to fill in the awkward silence after he put the trophy back on the shelf. Odetta hummed in reply, focusing on cleaning the metal. "Why did you even get involved?" He asked.

Odetta swirled her tongue around her mouth in annoyance as she slammed the trophy back into the shelf and picked up another one. "Aw, are you ignoring me?" James asked mockingly.

Odetta suddenly slammed the metal trophy back down and snapped her head in the boys direction. "I am because I'm annoyed Sirius didn't get involved when they made fun of Regulus and you're the closer thing to Sirius right now." She hissed back through gritted teeth which took James bit.

James let out a small sigh as he relaxed his tensed up shoulder and put down a trophy. "Before I was slightly sorry about hitting you but now you just made me proud of myself." Odetta said which made him scoff. "Yeah, I think another bruise would look good right there." She added with a smirk as she placed her thumb just above his top lip.

Odetta then removed her thumb and pushed herself up onto the desk behind her. "So you're just leaving me to polish them all." James said, Odetta nodded in response which made him roll his eyes. "So tell me about our kiss." She ordered as she leaned back.

James widened in surprise because she had seemed so uninterested in it all day. "You need to answer these questions first." He replied with a mischievous smirk as he sat down next to her.

She rolled her eyes in response before reluctantly nodding. "Am I fit?" He asked arrogantly. "Do you really need your ego inflating even more?" The Slytherin asked. James got up and began to walk away, making her roll her eyes before grabbing his arm and pulling him back.

"Fine! Fine!" She exclaimed, rolling her eyes at the boy's smug look. "Sadly, yes." She replied which made James nod in agreement.

"Thank you. You're," He paused to scan the annoyed girl up and down. "Meh." He finished with a shrug. Odetta scoffed before pushing herself off the desk, grabbing James's tie and pulled him close.

"If I was that bad, you would be cringing rather then blushing." Odetta whispered to the blushing Gryffindor, their faces inches apart.

She then glanced down to his lips and back up to James's hazel eyes. Odetta could feel the Gryffindor's shaky and warm breath on her face which made her smirk.

Then she pulled on his tie so their lips pressed against each other. James kissed her back, gently yet passionately, a she pushed her dark hair behind her ear. Odetta continued to grip onto his red tie whilst he pulled her closer, his hands resting on her waist.

She then let go of the tie and began to run onto hand through his messy hair, pulling on it ever so slightly as they continued to kiss. Occasionally, they pulled away for a gasp of air and smirked at each other before their lips were touching again.

Suddenly, the door swung open which forced the two to push each other away. Mcgonagall stood in the doorway, her eyebrows raised as she peered out from her half moon glasses. She glanced between the two, inspecting James's messy tie and Odetta's messy hair.

Finally, she spoke to fill in the awkward silence. "Detention is over, you may head back to your common room." The emerald robed Professor said which made the two nod.

They both hurried out, keeping their heads  down but once the two stepped out the room, they smirked at each other. "Night Potter." Odetta said. "Night Greengrass." The Gryffindor replied before the two walked off in opposite directions.