꧁22꧂

The lead up to Christmas had started and a large silver Christmas tree appeared at the front of the hall

The lead up to Christmas had started and a large silver Christmas tree appeared at the front of the hall. The four Gryffindor boys sat together at the red and gold table. "Peter said there would be dessert but I didn't think it would be this sweet." Sirius said as he gestured to the tall boy.

"What are you talking about?" Remus asked, taking a break from eating the roasted potatoes on his plate. "What's not to get? You're the dessert." Sirius replied with furrowed brows.
"...that's cannibalism." Remus said slowly with a concerned look on his face. "No, I meant-"

"That's illegal." Remus interrupted which made Sirius stuttered for an answer. "Never mind." He sighed before sadly lifting a spoonful of cake to his mouth.

                               -☽-
"Why is Malfoy glaring at you?" Regulus asked Odetta quietly as he glanced to the blonde boy. "Got the sad little boy kicked out of the Three Broomsticks." She replied with a slight shrug.

Regulus rolled his eyes as the Slytherin girl raised her eyebrows in an attempt to intimidate him. "So, sat on Santa's knee yet? Told him what you want for Christmas?" She asked in a high pitch mocking tone.

"I'm not that much younger then you." Regulus complained in a whiny tone. "Exactly 98 days." Odetta replied with a slight nod which made the younger boy roll his eyes.

                     -☽-
Odetta lay on her back in her bed. She tried to fall asleep to the quite sounds of the creatures in the Great Lake or the muffled snores from dormitories around her but she couldn't fall asleep.

She let out a sigh of defeat as she flicked the blankets off of her and stayed still, allowing her body to be covered in goosebumps from the cold air.

No matter how tightly she shut her eyes, her mind was still racing if unnecessary thoughts such as 'brushing your teeth is the only time you clean your skeleton' or 'you can always see your nose'.

These thoughts would only make her think even more, making the possibly of sleep move further and further away. Then her stomach rumbled and the dorm went silent. Odetta tapped her stomach then heaved herself up and made her way to the kitchen, not caring if she got caught since it was almost the end of term.

                    -☽-
She pushed open the kitchen door and immediately hurried to the shelves of food for the next day's breakfast. She grabbed a slice of toast, along with a couple other things, and sat on a counter top.

                      -☽-
"I want to fall asleep!" Remus complained loudly, his voice slightly muffled as half his mouth was covered by his pillow. "Don't worry Moony. We'll get you whatever you-" Sirius tried to comfort the older boy by resting his chin on his shoulder. "Don't touch me." Remus commanded as he used his elbows to push Sirius away.

"I want a treacle tart and as much chocolate as you can find before I can even fathom the thought of sleeping." Remus ordered the boys around him. "Prongs gets it." Sirius said as he pointed at the boy after glancing at Peter who was already snoring.

"Why can't you?" James asked in a whiny tone. "Because I'm here in case Moony wants kisses." He replied in a stern tone before trying to place a kiss on Remus's cheeks which was rejected.

"I could kiss Moony!" James shouted loudly, surprising not waking up the short boy sleeping soundly beside them. "No thanks James. Now get me the chocolate!" Remus shouted which made him huff and exit the dorm.

Peter snored loudly again which made Remus grab the pillow from under his head and throw it at the boy, instantly making him jump up before furrowing his brow at the boy.

                       -☽-
James cursed his friends under his breath as he pushed open the door to the Hogwarts kitchen. He jumped slightly, not expecting to see someone sat on the countertop with their wand pointed at him.

"Are you just always eating? What do you even eat in the Malfoy Manor?" James asked the girl as he scanned the shelves for chocolate. "Souls." She replied monotonously with a blank face which made him roll his eyes.

"Why do you have so much chocolate?" The Slytherin asked as she jumped off the counter and towards the boy who was already carrying several bars of chocolate.

"It's for Remus." He replied as he repositioned the sweet treats in his arms. "Why? Is he on his period?" She asked as she laughed which made the boy's eyes go wide, thinking she knew about Remus's condition.

A few seconds later, he understood that it was a joke and forcefully laughed along. "I should probably give these to him before he rips Padfoot's head off." He said before hurrying out with the chocolate in his hands.