[01] - the meeting

FRIDAY        F E B R U A R Y        1

 L U K E 

LUKE HAD NEVER REALLY enjoyed partying. He actually hated them most of the time. He only went to parties because his supposed-to-be best friends had litteraly dragged him there. Calum and Ashton litteraly use to walk in to his house and lift him of the couch and carry him out to the car. The two of them and the third one, Michael, believed that Luke was a lame person and they had decieded to change that (without Luke's permission). This friday night was no exeption.

This time they had taken him to a party at a frat house at the local collage. Ashton apparently had gotten invited by some friends and he had decieded to bring his best mates Calum, Michael and Luke. Luke didn't understand why his friends never gave up on trying to get him to like to party. He had never liked it, and was never going to. He only liked getting drunk. Alone or with the boys. In Michael's basement. Where they were alone.

Luke had never been a fan of to many people at once. He rather stood and watch than being the center of attention. As the girl, called Anna and she was a huge book nerd, in his english class once had said; he was a wallflower.

The boys had been at the party for about an hour now and Luke was hating every second of it. He had taken a few drinks aswell so he was a little tipsy. At least so tipsy that he almost went with a girl up stairs because he thought it was Ashton who was going to take him home. 

Luckly for him Michael saw this and came to his rescue. Michael dragged Luke outside, where the other two boys and a few more that Luke didn't recognize, were sitting. They were smoking something - which Luke believed was weed - and they were just talking. Out there they almost couldn't here the music for some reason, which Luke was very happy about. His head was killing him. 

"Dude," Michael said, dragging out the 'u' and the 'e'. Michael was obviously drunk and he had probably smoked some weed aswell. Luke had known Michael long enough to know that he most likely was going to get so drunk that he probably wouldn't remember the night at all. "Why aren't you having fun?"

"Michael, I don't even wanna be here. Of course I'm not having fun!" Luke exclaimed and pulled a hand through his quiffed hair, sighing. His friends always expected him to have fun even thought they knew that he didn't even wanna be there. "I think I'm just gonna go home."

"But dude." Michael whined, dragging out on the word again. "You are having so much fun."

Luke shook his head and snorted. This happened almost every time they took him out, and still they insisted on doing it again and again. "Dude," Luke started, mimicking Michael pronunciation on the word. "You are wasted. Go sit down and I'll see you tomorrow or something."

Luke helped Michael over to his seat next to Calum and the said his goodbye's, before making his way out of the house and out to the street. Lucky for him the party was at the collage in the middle of the town, so he knew where he were and how to get home. Luke sighed and silently promised himself to take a serious talk with his friend so they would stop making him do stuff he didn't want to.

Around eleven pm Luke got to the Mc Donald's right at the end of the town and walked in. He decided that he was hungry after about fifteen minutes of walking, and quickly made his way to the fast food resturante that was open 24/7. 

The resturante was - as expected around eleven pm - almost empty. There was only five people there who was sitting by the different tables. Luke made his way to the cashier and ordered his food and then made his way over to the booth in the corner, which was where he usually sat when he was there. But to his suprise, there was a girl sitting there. Her arms were crossed on the table and her head was leaning against them. Luke could her small sniffles coming from the girl, which probably ment that she either was or had been crying.

Luke debated whether to sit down and talk to the brunette or just go and sit somewhere else, since she still hadn't noticed him. He went with the first choice and took a deep breath before clearing his throat, making the girl look up at him. "Ehm - Hi. Mind if I sit down?"

The girl looked at him for a while with a raised eyebrow before shrugging. Luke sighed and sat down in front of her. The girl was really pretty. She was the type of girl who usually didn't talk to Luke but usually talked to his friends. Luke was the quiet, boring kid in their little gang and the girls didn't usually want anything other than to sleep with him because they thought he was hot.

Luke recognized her but couldn't really place from where he had seen her. "Well, I'm Luke." He said akwardly and the girl's gaze went up to meet his own.

"I know." She said with a nod. "You are in the oh-we-think-we-are-so-hot-group' at school. Along with the douche Michael Clifford, the jock Calum Hood and the hot Ashton Irwin."

"So you do go to my school? That's probably why I recognize you." Luke said and then frowned. "Is that what they are know for? What do they say about me?"

"You are the shy and awkward but very hot Luke Hemmings." She told him and chuckled. "You four have quite a reputation at school, you know? Well, especially the other three. You are a little more in the background."

"Yeah; I've heard so." Luke sighed. Sometimes he hated being friends with Michael, Calum and Ashton because they were so popular, but most of the time he loved the three lads and he didn't really think he would survive without them. "But - ehm - are you alright? It looks like you've been crying?"

The girl looked almost a little taked back at the question. Almost like she wasn't used of people asking her that. "Well, yeah I was crying.. But I'm alright. I just had a fight with my stupid boyfriend before coming here." She mumbled, looking down at her hands.

"Oh." Luke said, his lips setting in a thin line. He almost felt a little disapointed to hear that she had a boyfriend. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here for you."

The girl looked up at him, looking suprised, but then gave him a small smile. "Well, I guess I should get you number then. I mean incase I feel like I need to talk to someone." She said and gave him a smirk, which made Luke smile and nod.

She handed him her phone and he quickly typed in his number under the name 'Luke' and then gave it back to her. She smiled and put down her phone in her pocket. "Thank you. I'll just text you if I ever need to talk to someone. But I believe I need to get back home now. I'll see you around, Luke."

And with that she got up from her seat and get ready to walk away, when Luke suddenly remembered that he still didn't know her name.

"Hey, wait!" He shouted as she reached the door. She stopped and turned to look at him. "I didn't catch your name."

She smirked again and bit down on her lip before answering. "It's Rose."

And with that, she was gone.

❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅

HI AND WELCOME

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS