1.3

Briar's feet stopped on the sandy steps. And so did Draco. Not far from their vision was a small cottage deep in the forest. It still looked the same, after all these years that Briar was asleep. She slowly walked up to her home, not removing her eyes out of it.

"Who do you think still lives here?" Draco asks, standing behind her.

"Our house elves. Fauna, Flora and Merrywether are still most likely here." Briar spoke, she walked up held on the door's handle and slowly swung the door open. The home that she used to know still looked the same, the same cream colored curtains, white walls, mahogany floors and seashells used as charms. Slowly, she walked into the kitchen and found three house elves doing house work separately. Fauna loved cooking, and she was there in the kitchen. Flora who loved flowers, was arranging flowers. But it seemed that more roses grew than she last remembered. And Merrywether was sewing clothes in small sofa near the window.

'They never changed.' Briar thought to herself. A smile painted her lips and slowly parted her mouth.

"I'm home!" And instantly, three house elves turned to look at the door. They all ran towards her, tackling her into a hug.

"Young Miss Rose is finally home!"

"Where has the young Miss Rose gone to?"

"Miss Rose, who is this man with you?" Three pairs of eyes turned to look up to Draco, Briar smiled softly and stood up beside him, slowly slipping her fingers in his. In all Briar's life, she never knew what kind of man would she like to be with. But upon knowing that he saved her life, she knew that he was the one who she would like to be with forever.

Briar smiled as she looked into Draco's eyes. "This is someone who saved me. His name is Draco, and I'm going with him to my new home."

The three house elves turned to look at each other. But Flora, being the house elf that was as caring as her mother before turned to look at her with a smile. "Our young Rose is all grown up. If he makes you happy, then you have our permission." Briar smiled happily. She was then led into her old bedroom where she noticed boxes that were all over her room, heaps of pink roses in vases and her cabinet filled with books.

"Who are all these from?" Briar asked, scanning her eyes on all of the boxes.

"Every day on your birthday, we'd give you gifts as a commemoration for the lost young Rose." Fauna explained.

"It looks like, my mother never left her roses." Briar spoke as she admired the original pot in where her mother first planted them. Taking a luggage and packed some of her clothes, shoes and necessities while the others were all still in the boxes.

"This is not goodbye. I'll visit home every month." Briar assured them before leaving home with Draco who's hand are filled with boxes.

"Can you even see where you're looking at?" Briar chuckled softly, holding the luggage in her hand.

"Please, don't worry about me." He grinned and apparated themselves into Malfoy manor.

It was already afternoon and Narcissa was getting worried to where Draco could be. He left early this morning and it was already afternoon and there were still no signs of him outside. Lucius was in the ministry, he would be coming home late tonight since there would be a new minister which was Kingsley Shacklebot. Growing impatient, she turned to look outside the window, and from afar she could see her son walking towards the gates. With a girl. Her son never brought home a girl before, not within his seven years in Hogwarts, and Narcissa was very excited to meet this girl that was with Draco.

She rushed to meet them by the door and greeted them with a smile. Draco, on the other hand, placed the boxes gently on the floor and turned to look at his mother with a smile on his face. "Mother, this is Briar Rose. Briar, this is my mother." Briar smiled gently to his mother.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Briar." Narcissa spoke.

"It is a pleasure to meet you too Mrs. Malfoy!" Briar responded lively. To which Narcissa chuckled.

"Please, call me Narcissa. Come in, Lucius won't be coming home yet until tonight. Ministry work." She chuckled and ushered them inside. The first thing that Briar noticed was how dark it was inside. Not a lot of furniture was inside but all the furniture that was inside looked expensive. And then she tried to envision what kind of man Lucius is.

"Draco, would you like to show Briar her room? I'll be asking some house elves to bring these up." Narcissa spoke. Draco then led Briar to her room, while she was following him, she forgot already in which way she came from. The manor was a maze for her as it has every turn. 

"This will be your room. If you get lonely, I'll be in the next room." He grinned. But Briar could only grin back at him. 

"It will most likely be you who will be coming into my room." She joked. Though the walls were painted in black, she was still happy that she can finally live in under one roof with him.

"Do you like how your room is? I can tell mother to re-decorate it for you." Draco offered. But Briar shook her head. "It's perfect." She smiled at him. The original of roses where her mother planted them, she placed them by the window. If she was going to live with them the she'll have to make a few adjustments.

"I'll help you unload your stuff then." Draco offered once more. In each box, Briar would be surprised at all the expensive gifts that the three house elves have given her. As soon as Briar held her underclothes, she sneakily took them away from Draco and fixed them inside her drawer. Light footsteps could then be heard outside the door and Narcissa came inside.

"Dinner is ready."