[Season 2] CH 9: Recovery, Secrets and War

Start from the beginning

(UA: Nurses Office)

Zeraora was resting in the nurses office, his snores resembling that of a kitten's purrs. Voices and images began flashing through his mind and a small shock slowly jolts him awake.

'Ugh-ugh'. He lets out a low growl as the room's bright light hits his eyes forcing him to leave them narrowed. Now seated up Zeraora slowly scans his surroundings.

'Where... am I'? He asked himself.

"You're in the nurse's office young man". An elderly voice suddenly catches his ears and quickly turns its direction. The instant movement caused a slight sting to his body and lightly growls in pain.

"Take it easy young man. You haven't fully recovered yet, I advise making any extreme movement for the time being". She said.

"Though frankly, seeing as you could do that in your current state is a surprise in and of itself".

"Huh?" Zeraora looks to right arm and finds it connected to a small generator.

"Since you got here I examined your body and lets just say your injuries were quite severe, although I discovered something interesting". She said.

'And what's that'? He asked.

"Under normal circumstances, injuries like yours would require a few days to heal. However, when unconscious and connected to something producing electricity your body seems to passively absorb it and uses the energy to heal your body". She surmises.

"Though I'm not sure if this comes with any side-effects, so for now you should avoid using your quirk". She advises.

'Right'.

Some time afterwards Recovery Girl explained to Zeraora what happened after he went unconscious. Shigaraki and Kurogiri escaped, him, Aizawa and Thirteen being the only ones with any serious injuries and that Midoriya, Tsuyu, Kirishima, All Might and Detective Tsukauchi all came to check up on him before leaving.

Zeraora got up from his bed, doing some light stretching after lying in bed for a while.

'Anything else I should know about'? He asked.

"Well, before he left that Midoriya fellow asked me to apologize to you on his behalf, though he didn't explain why".

'Oh, probably cuz' he ignored my direct order as class deputy and tried and help me'.

"Did he now? Honestly, it's bad enough the boy suffers extreme recoil damage from his own quirk, but he's also quite reckless to boot".

"All Might really ought to be careful with him". She muttered to herself, however Zeraora slightly caught her words, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Something wrong, young man"? She asked.

'No. It's nothing'. Zeraora grabs his things, thanking Recovery girl before leaving.

Recovery Girl noticed Zeraora's pause and wonders to herself.

"Hmmmm. Is it possible that he knows his secret"?

Timeskip (Pussy Cats Residence)

Zeraora made his way back to the Pussy Cats residence and was immediately greeted with a tackling hug from Ryuko.

"Ohmygoodness!  

(Y/N)areyouokay?!

Pleasetellmeyou'reokay!

Areyouhurtanywhere?!

Doyouneedmetogetyouanything"?!

Ryuko proceeds to barrage him with question after question, concern made very obvious.