3 - Little Miss Potter

I was sitting in the Great Hall when Harry walked in. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him. I could tell that he wanted to look over at me, but he was too afraid. He really hated when I had to tell him "I told you so."

On my way to the castle I ran into Snape and Malfoy having what looked like a serious discussion. I really didn't want to interrupt, but they were in the middle of the path. "Excuse me professor," I said as I walked around him and Malfoy. "Miss Potter" Professor Snape responded. I couldn't hear exactly what Malfoy said, but it sounded along the lines of "pathetic little Potter."

I started zoning out during the sorting ceremony. After the hat shouted out the last student's placement, Ravenclaw I think, Dumbledore stood and everyone fell silent. This was always the most boring part of the year. The only thing I picked up was that we had a new professor for Potions. Professor Slughorn. I wondered what that meant for Professor Snape, but Dumbledore answered my unspoken question by announcing that Snape was the new DADA professor.

Everyone began cheering, especially the Slytherin table, and then dinner was served. I quickly began eating, remembering how good the food here tasted. It reminded me of my first year at Hogwarts. When the food had first appeared on the table, I sat there in shock. I looked over to see Harry doing the same thing. As other kids around me started pilling food on their plates, I quickly did the same. It felt like the first dinner at Hogwarts was always the one I devoured.

Because I didn't have many friends in Slytherin, other than Daphne Greengrass who I occasionally talked to, I was the first to leave the table. Everyone else was catching up with one another and laughing, so I didn't think they would notice me leaving. As I rounded the corridor to leave, I heard someone following behind me. I kept walking, thinking that it was nothing and I was overreacting when they spoke.

"Well, well, well. Look at what we have here. Little Miss Potter. What are you doing all alone? Oh that's right, all of your friends are wretched Gryffindor's."

Malfoy.

I turned around the see Blaise Zanibi, Pansy Parkinson, Gregory Goyle, Vincent Crabbe, and of course, Draco Malfoy.

"Oh come on Dray, let's not waste our time on this pathetic excuse for a Slytherin." Pansy said. I had always hated Pansy. Sharing a room with her since 1st year was like listening to nails on a chalk board. All she ever did was complain, berate, or droll over Malfoy.

"Yea Dray, why waste your time. Don't you have some first years to torture" I said, turning my back on the group.

Before I could get too far, Malfoy grabbed my shoulder and harshly spun me around. "You better watch that mouth of yours Potters, you never know where it might get you."

"Thanks for the advice Malfoy, but I'm fine." I said as I grabbed his hand off my shoulder and dropped it in the air.

"Pathetic" he said as I walked away.

Walking back to the common room, I thought of all the times Malfoy had talked, or in his case taunted, me. He had never actually touched me before, nor had he said any kind of warning. Normally it would have been 'Shut your mouth' not 'Watch your mouth.'

And him grabbing my shoulder. Not gonna lie, that's probably going to leave a small bruise. But why? I guessed it was because of what he did to Harry. Well, I already hurt one Potter, let me hurt the other.

Ugh, why did I have to be sorted into the house that contained the one student at Hogwarts that truly hated everyone, especially my brother?

For some reason, Ifelt like this wouldn't be the last of Malfoy's torture, and that worried me alittle