"Shit shit not again." He muttered to himself.

He pulled out his phone and very hesitantly called someone.

"Please pick up please pick up." He muttered under his breath as he gripped his chest.

"Hey what's up?" Jess said.

"I'm sorry to bother you I just didn't think of anyone else to call." He spoke quickly.

"Woah slow down

"I-I I can't-"

Zach took a deep breath hoping that would help him to talk but he no longer could.

"Zach, listen to me. Listen to the sound of my voice. You need to calm down. Listen to the sound of my voice." Jess said softly. Soon enough Zach was able to breath again. "Okay good. Do you want to talk about why you were having a panic attack just now?"

Zach swallow hard. "Um...can we talk in person? Can I meet you somewhere?"

"Zach you have class-"

"Jess please."

"Okay, yeah sure. Does Washington Square Park sound good?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'll be waiting for you there." Jess said before hanging up the phone. Zach put his phone down in his lap and let out a sigh of relief.

(Rory) The final bell rang and Rory went straight to her locker.

"Hey have you seen Zach?" Dean asked. Rory flipped her head around and gave Dean a confused look.

"No. Shouldn't you two be on your way to practice."

"I know that's what I'm saying. We usually meet outside his class when the bell rings but he wasn't in there."

"Do you think something could've happened to him?" Rory said as she began to panic.

"You can't think like that. He's been real agitated lately he probably just skipped school."

"But he's never done that before and he knows better than to go home so where would he go?"

"I uh I don't know." He lied.

Rory gave him a weird look as if he knew something she didn't.

"I've got to get to practice. Tell him to call me."

"Okay." She nodded.

Dean walked away and once he was out of Rory's sight he pulled out it phone. He called Zach but all he got was a voice-mail.

"Hey please call me when you get this. I just wanna make sure you're okay." She said then hung up.

<Unbroken by Birdy starts playing>

(Zach) As Zach approached the park he saw Jess sitting there on one of the benches. He smiled as he got closer to him.

"Hey stranger." Zach said.

Jess looked at him and smiled. "Hey." He replied as Zach sat down next to him.

"So how have you been?" Zach asked.

Jess did his nod thing. "Better than I expected when I first got here but I still hope for better."

There was a pause.

"And how are you?" He asked.

Zach turned away from him and leaned forward, pressing his elbows to his thighs. He shrugged and said, "I don't know I guess I've been kinda going through a rough time lately." He answered.

"Care to elaborate?"

Zach drew a breath and replied, "Zoey cheated on me about a month ago."

Jess raised his brows in shock. "Damn." He said somewhat quietly.

"I would've talked to you about it sooner I just-"

"You don't have to explain yourself." Jess shook his head.

There was a brief silence.

"And I don't know I just feel that lately..." he looked at Jess. "That I'm losing myself."

There was a pause.

"I may not have known you for your whole life Zachary Gilmore, but I have known you long enough to know this...You don't let what anybody says or does affect how you see yourself. So not one single girl on this planet is going to change that."

A smile appeared on Zach's face. "Thanks Jess."  He said.

Jess didn't say anything he just smiled back at Zach.

Zach faced forward again and after a moment Zach said...

"But what happens if she's from another planet?" He said before looking back at Jess. The two of them just laughed.

<<no pov>>

Zach opened the front door slowly trying not to make a sound. He stepped cautiously into the house then slowly shut the door. He continued slowly through the house and right as he was about to go up the stairs the living room lamp turned on. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and turned around and acted like nothing happened.

"Hey Rory. What's are you doing up this late?" He asked.

"You're lucky I told mom and Luke that you had and extra long practice today and that you probably wouldn't be home until after they went to bed."

"And I appreciate that."

"So are you going to tell me why you skipped school today or should I tell them and they can get it out of you."

"Okay okay." He said. "The truth is I went to New York...to see Jess."

To be continued...