Chapter 4 - The unwanted dinner party

Start from the beginning

George would much rather spend his time with Dream, exploring the ship and talking about the bank robbery, than talking to people and being polite. He loathed the thought of the dinner party.

Dream on the other hand, didn't seem to be affected by the thought of it. He walked around with George happily, pointing at parts of the ferry and what they where called. And talking about how there could very well be huge sharks swimming about the boat, willing to kill anyone that fell in.

So when Dream and George headed up the their cabins to get ready and 4:38, George felt as though the whole world was against him.

~~~~~~

George stared at himself in the mirror. He looked alright, his suit and tie done up nicely, his shoes shining. But the thought of the diner party still loomed above him like an uncomfortable grey cloud, and it would not go away.

Dream knocked on George's connecting door, and let himself in. And then his eyes caught on George.

George's soft brown was hair dangling ever so slightly in front of his face, his brown eyes shining. It was the way that he adjusted his hair and fastened his tie. He looked so- perfect.

George turned around to look at Dream. "You alright?" He asked curiously.

"Uh- yeah." dream said weakly. It was all he could manage to say.

"Are you sure?" George asked, wondering if Dream really was feeling alright.

"Yeah- let's go!" And before George could question him again he pushed open George's door and stepped out into the corridor.

~~~~~~

To get to the bar, the two men had to turn left down the corridor, and then right into the bar. It hardly took more than 30 seconds.

Dream reached for the door handle and then paused. "You ready?"

George wanted to say no, return back to his cabin and watch the stars drift past from the window sill, but he didn't want to disappoint Dream. "Mhm," Was all that came out of his mouth.

And with that, Dream pushed open the door handle.

The bar looked cheerful, golden light making the place seem like it was glowing. It looked far more posh and exciting than it had yesterday. Now George could hear glasses clinking together and polite chatter coming from everywhere.

The same bar tender was there handing out bottles and pouring glasses, and waiters where coming to hand around glasses.

George thought it was exactly like an English dinner party. The only thing that was different about it was that he heard American chatter rather than English. Oh, and that it was on a boat of course.

George found himself following Dream everywhere. He didn't want to get lost, and he did not want to be standing alone awkwardly.

The only person that really had the same mood as George was Tommy.

He was hunched at the side of the bar next to Phil, his hand keeping his chin up in misery. His eyes glared at everyone in the room and he kept muttering to Phil.

George noticed that for once, Wilbur was not with him. Who knows where he was.

And then everyone began to move towards the dining room.

"Where are they going?" George asked, standing on his tip toes to see where they where turning down the corridor.

"Your too short Georgie!" Dream giggled.

George flushed an excellent shade of crimson and looked away.
George liked that nickname.

"Also I think they're heading to the dining room, let's follow them." Dream stated, and headed for the bar door.

George looked around him. The only people that where still in the bar was the bar tender, who was still cleaning glasses and looking miserable.

"You coming George?" Dream called from the doorway.

"Yes! Wait for me!" And both of them disappeared round the doorway.

~~~~~

They both stepped though the dining room doorway and a butler strode over to them. "Your table is this way sirs, if you would like to follow me."

George and Dream followed him over to the small table near the entrance of the dining hall. He laid the menus down and then bowed, and scurried away to the kitchens.

Dream sat down with a start, and George slumped down into his chair, exhausted.

But before they could say anything, a high pitched, ear piercing scream came from the dining room.

~~~~~

This chapter took way too long than it should of 😃 also I tried listening to heatwaves while writing this and then gave up cause I burst out laughing every thirty seconds BAHSHSHA