19. You May Speak

Time turns to a blur after a while, doesn't it?

You had moved from the dojo a few years back to a different city.  The distance between you and the upper moon grew wider as he found that being around you only hindered your growth in strength. It was not as though you never saw him. Once every blue moon you'd encounter him in your path, but it was never very long.

"Give it up, you bitch!" A monstrous demon hissed with it's distorted voice, but you merely looked at them with a dull expression. Your hands bloodied with the other two demons you had previously fought, your grip firm on the battered human who whimpered in pain and fear.

"I'm sorry, but the marechi is mine," You hummed with little interest. "So step aside, or prove to me how much you're willing to survive," your eyes glinted at your final statement.

The other demon seemed amused by your faith that you could win against them, the other two you fought were nothing. "Then you'll die AND lose the marechi," he cackled as they lunged for you, but you were unmoving.

Blood demon arts, Lotus Basket.

The demon was ensared in lotus stuck together in a cylindrical shape. As you clenched your fist, the basket shrunk, but he managed to break free of it before you could crush them completely.

"Is that all you got?" He laughed as it came towards you. "Your puny tricks mean nothing-"

The broken petals of the basket left on his body turned into sharp shards as they impaled him.

"Puny?" Your voice was low as you were suddenly beside his writhing body. "I'm far from that." You punched him hard in the stomach and sent him flying.

He lunged at you again, but you were expecting it. You grabbed his forearms before throwing him over your head, pulling his arms hard in either direction. The action tore his ligaments, but you weren't able to pull hard enough to rip them off in that short time.

"You think.... you think you can kill me?" He huffed as his arms slowly healed.

"I don't think, I know." You grinned as you bounced before doing a round off, though once in the air, you unleased your iris blizzard onto him, slicing him up as you landed. You were punched away harshly despite how deeply wounded the other was. "Kh."

"Agh, you-!" He grabbed for you, but before he could reach, you hit his head clean off. His body thumped on the ground as his head yelled profanities at you.

"Sorry, but I told you, you wouldn't be getting the marechi." You tutted pressing your foot on his body's chest , increasing the pressure until your foot went through to the ground. After a moment of watching him writhe, you pulled your foot out and went off to grab your reward.

Your home was not too far from where you fought the other demons, it was a small house that never saw visitors. You ate as you walked due to being tired of waiting on tasting the marechi.

However, the front door was ajar when you reached, which put you on edge. Perhaps a slayer had found your whereabouts. You ate a sizable amount of the human before you walked in, but for the first time in a while, you were frozen.

"I hate waiting, you know," deep red eyes were turned to you, though there was no visible emotion to him at all. A man in black robes sat comfortably in a chair within your field of vision. His skin pale as death and his hair stark black.

You managed to get yourself to move into the house and close the door before you dropped to your knees and bowed your head. You could feel it deep down to your core, this man could kill you before you even thought to attack. This was the man Akaza spoke so highly of.

This was Muzan Kibutsuji.

"So you know me already," he said without skipping a beat. He placed the book he had in his lap aside. It was your first journal. You yourself did not reread what you wrote, you didn't remember why you kept writing in the first place.

"I should have known the one Akaza created would be this promising." Muzan stood slowly as he walked to your bowed form. "Up." He ordered, and you quickly came to your feet, but you did not dare raise your head.

"You've grown quite a bit since he's turned you," his hand gripped your jaw and yanked your head upwards for him to look at you better. "You may speak."

"I have only been getting stronger my lord" you huffed quietly as his eyes scrutinized you.

"But how much stronger can you get? You won't stop until you catch up to Akaza, but he'll never stop moving forward. Will you keep going?" He fell silent as he waited for your answer.

Could you? Would you? Was fighting forever what you wanted? You wanted to live, no matter what. That you knew for sure. But was it still just that? You wanted to see his smile as long as you could. To hear him laugh and to feel his touch.

As if reading your thoughts, the demon king coaxed, "If you join me, I'll make sure you'll stay by his side forever." He gently brushed a strand of hair from your face to appear as inviting as he could to convince you.

Though, you would have came to your decision without it. "I'll do what you ask of me," you said quietly.

"Then become lower moon 6, or die in the process." Without warning, his finger went through your forehead. You gasped breathless as the pain seared through your body. Your eyes whited out as your veins pulsed to compensate for the rapid mutations occuring.

This was so much different than when you first turned. You didn't even know when the male took his finger out or when you collapsed onto the ground. You were a shaking mess,  sweat dripped down your face as you went through the change.

When you raised your head and your vision returned to tou, you watched Muzan's nails go for your right eye and scratch deep into your retina. This caused you to yell in pain as blood seeped from the socket.

"Good, I expect big things from you, Y/N." He said before he left you in your house to sob in pain.