Chapter 9 - It's Over!

Today I'm going to do it, I'm going to end this contract with Metori and come clean about my feelings. I'm telling myself that but I can literally feel my heart beating out of my chest because I'm so nervous. I made a note after returning from the cafe, to tell Metori to meet me on the rooftop after school so I could talk to him about something. I put it in his shoe locker this morning, so there's no turning back for me now. 

I frantically avert my gaze between my desk, the teacher, and the clock as the homeroom teacher closes out the day. Glancing at the clock, I noticed to my dismay, that there was only one more minute before the school day ended. I looked over once at Saiko who seemed perfectly calm about everything. How could he be so chill while I'm over here shaking in anxiety?!

The final bell rang, and I swiped everything into my bag and ran to the rooftop. Everyone was staring at me confused and when I finally got there I was kneeling over out of breath. This was my first time confessing to someone and I felt sick to my stomach. Then I heard footsteps approaching the door, I hastily stood myself upright. Holding my hands tightly together against my chest in a futile attempt to slow my beating heart.

There he opened the door and looked at me with a confused expression.

"I read your letter, is there some sort of urgent matter you have to tell me?" Saiko asked me.

"Well it's not uh urgent per say, well maybe a little. Either way I just have to tell you something very important!." I stumbled over my words.

"You ran over here at the speed of light, I'd assume it's important..."

"I didn't run over here that quickly! That's, that's not what's important right now." I shook my head trying not to get sidetracked.

"I want to end our contract!" I finally blurted out.

"End our contract...?" He slowly questioned, his expression becoming puzzled and hurt.

"Yes because I-"

"Do I need to raise the amount? Is there something you're not happy with in the way I was behaving?" He started rambling.

"No I don't want more money! I just-"

"So you want nothing to do with me? That's it isn't it? You're so fed up with me that you rushed over to finally end the contract?!"

"Saiko thats not it at all! If you would just listen to what I have to say-"

"I see how it is. Then fine our contract is now over!" He exclaimed before rushing back towards the stairs.

"Metori come back!" I called out to him but it was too late he had already ran off.

I was absolutely flabbergasted, he wasn't listening to me at all. In fact I was a bit frustrated at him, I just wanted to confess to him but he was being over dramatic the entire time. Now I was at a loss for what to do, if he wasn't going to listen to me at all how was I going to be able to confess to him? The only thing that came to mind was to text Kusuo and come up with a new plan.

-------------------

Kusuo and I were sitting together at the café from last time.

'So he got all upset and then ran away before you could say anything?'

"Yes! He wouldn't listen to a word I said! I tried so many times to stop him so I could tell him I wanted to date him for real but he just kept talking over me." I replied in frustration, shoving some cake I bought into my mouth.

'What a child... So you want me to come up with a plan to help you fix this?'

"Yes! I can't do this alone, he clearly won't listen to me. I have some ideas but I need you to help me."

'Okay so tell me what you have in mind.'

"I want you to lure him to the park somehow. I want to put together a large poster that says 'Be my boyfriend?' That way I don't have to say anything and he won't be able to talk over me! Sound like a good idea?"

'Based off what you told me it sounds like a fine plan to me. I can get him to the park somehow, shouldn't be too hard. Though I might have to bring the three idiots with me or else he might get suspicious. You okay with them seeing your confession?'

"Yeah! I mean I'll do whatever it takes just so he'll listen to me. I can't back down after I've gotten this far!"

'So when should we go through with this plan? I don't think you'll be able to create a giant poster overnight.'

"You're right... Let's do it in two days, right before the weekend. I should have everything ready by then and it'll make him less suspect to our plan. Also, thanks for your help Saiki! I wouldn't have mustered up the courge to be true to my feelings without your help. Maybe I should give you a gift like a pack of coffee jelly?"

He looked at me with sparkling eyes and I laughed. I already noticed that more than anything Saiki loved coffee jelly. As we finished up our treats together I couldn't help but feel relief that this period of guilt and confusion would finally be over for good.

(A/N: Hahaha I'm alive. My reason for not updating for months? I forgot lol. I will be ending this story soon, two more chapters left dear readers.)