Epilogue

A/n: TW

Epilogue

Tom carried Lyra's still body, tears streamed his face. He had never felt love for someone, and that love had brought him to death. He felt powerless, broken. The anger in him stirred, but it was his own fault. He walked toward the black lake, the cold air burning his hands. Not as much as it burned his heart to be holding his dead love. Tom couldn't process what had happened, it just..happened.

As he approached the lake, the last few years to ever stain his face, fell.

He set her body close to the shore, admiring her now pale face. It used to be tan and full of life. Now, it was gone. 

Her face was frozen in a shock. Tom couldn't go down with the process of turning her into a horcrux. It would destroy him.

Tom merely undressed her, and dumped her body in the lake. He watched it until it sunk, and was eventually eaten by the squid. He held on tight to her clothes, and the book she had given him. It was always in his possession. Though it was already a horcrux, Tom always held onto it. He never used it, nor looked in it. He felt weak when he did.

Tom carried Lyra's clothing and left it in her dormitory. He went back to his own, and decided to write in the book. Opening to the first page, he noticed the shadow of ink hidden behind it. He skimmed the pages until he found what was written. A letter.

Dear Tom,

This letter has already started on a bad note, I called you Tom. Oh well, that's your name, so you shall be called it.

I started the letter in the middle of the book because I knew you'd never use it. When I got you the book, that's when I knew. That's when I knew I loved you. I could never tell you though, you would probably yell at me, or punish me. You were never one for affection, but I am. So, if you read this, here are the reasons I so stupidly, fell in love with you.

First, it was your personality. An ugly one it is, but I still seem to love it. You're cruel, evil, mean, and for some reason I love it. Your manipulation brings me satisfaction.

Secondly, it was how much you cared for me. Do not lie, you cared for me. If you didn't you would've let me be with Nott. He was obviously the better choice. He treated me well, and loved me. Two things you lacked. But yet, I fell for you.

And third, your body. Not just how well you use it, but the signs it shows. When you're angry you tense up, when you're jealous, your leg taps. I noticed it all. But most importantly your hair. It quite certainly is your best feature.

I love you, Tom.

Yours forever,

Lyra

Tom was at a loss for words. A loss for air. His lungs constricted, as the tears in his eyes tried to fall. But as Tom regained his breath, the tears vanished. Instead he ripped out the page from the notebook, and folded it.

He began to write his own letter.

Lyra,

Is it true? That the dead can read letters from the living? I hope it is.

I never knew love, until I met you. But there is much I didn't know until I met you. I didn't know jealousy. I didn't know pain. I didn't know regret.

My actions aren't justified, and I will make right, Lyra. I want you to know that I did, and still do love you. It was nearly impossible for me to notice, but I did. When you gave me the book, that's when I felt it. It made my heart jump, my stomach flutter and my eyes widen. I knew then, that I wanted to be yours forever. I didn't know it was love, but I knew what I felt. It was magnificently horrible. I wanted to scream 'Lyra is mine' but it would've been unusual. I didn't know how to handle these emotions. Ultimately my love for you, caused your death. You truly loved me to death. I didn't wish for that, I hope my blood can replace those tragic memories that you may have. 

I leave our two letters, folded into one, in my notebook.

I love you too, darling.

You are forever mine,

Tom

Tom finished his letter, folding it with Lyra's, he flipped back to the page he ripped out, and placed them there.

The night wind still burned his skin as he walked through the Halls of Hogwarts. He walked into the Gryffindor common room, thankful no one was there.

Tom's eyes landed on the trophy case. The sword on display. He unlocked the case, and took the sword, holding it tightly in his hand.

He walked back to the Black Lake, notebook and sword in hand. As he watched the sun rise, he thought of his love. The one thing he couldn't live without, he killed.

Taking the sword with both hands, he stabbed it through the notebook. A loud scream escaped his lips, and he felt his soul fall.

He destroyed his only horcrux, the one that took years for him to make. He watched the book bleed his blood, gaping cuts piercing his own skin.

"I did this for you, Lyra. I hope it is enough." He muttered to the book. His eyes left the book and gazed upon the lake. He made his way toward the shore, slowly sinking himself in, until the water reached above his head.

He started his count to a hundred.

1.

2.

3.