Chapter 4- Rome

Elise's POV:

I was at the airport waiting for the plane. The agency has enough money that we could take private jets, but the Pres makes us take normal planes so that we cause less suspicion. There were also going to be a few other people on the mission as backup in case anything were to go wrong.

While I was in there I was told to put on my disguise, because we were going to get started as soon as we landed. I went to the bathroom and put on my blonde wig and green contacts, and changed into the maid outfit but put a coat over it so that no one could see it while I was in the airport. We then boarded the plane.

It was a 13-hour flight, so I decided to nap since there wasn't much for me to do. By the time I woke up, we were in Rome.

I took a taxi to the castle where the Prince was. Backup isn't going to be in the castle, since it would be too risky and cause suspicion instead they checked in to nearby hotels so that they could be close in case anything happened.

When I arrived at the castle and it was HUGE. I took off my coat and headed towards the entrance. The Prince had already known I was coming since his father was the one who hired us for protection. When the guard opened the doors it was stunning, everything was gold and screamed "I have too much money so I just spend it on random expensive things" kind of rich. 

I walked over and the Prince handed me a note secretly while passing me a key to the room I was to stay in.

"Thank you for applying for the position of the maid we were looking for, please go to your assigned room" the Prince said.

"Thank you for your generosity" I said

I knew that he was trying his best to keep my identity a secret, so we didn't discuss the plan till later. 

I got to the room and it was huge, especially for a "maid". There was a king-sized bed with beautiful artwork all over the walls and the nicest bathroom. After being in awe of the room, I took out the note the Prince had passed to me. 

"meet me at the library at 9 pm after dinner, my trusted guard will guide you there and we shall discuss further information when we meet" the note read.

It was already about 6 pm when I arrived there, so I had some time to kill since dinner started at 8. I decided to unpack my things and get comfortable since it would be a while. Afterward, I straightened out the maid uniform and went outside. 

"Hello, madame" A voice said

I looked up and saw that it was the guard who the Prince said would accompany me until I get used to the place. The guard was an older gentleman and looked to be around 50-55. He had grey hair and was about 5"9.

"Hello, Sir" I said to him

"Follow me, I'll take you to the dining room" the man said

On the way towards the dining room, we chatted about his family, he had a daughter around my age and a son who was about 12. He showed me a picture of his family portrait and how he misses them.

I almost cried while he was talking, it reminded me how I've never had a father or a mother, at least not enough to know them. I wish my parents could care about me as much as the guard did for his family, maybe I could've had a normal life. I told him "my story" as well, how I was the daughter of a small baker in Rome. I hated lying to people, but it was for protection. 

I learned his name was Bennett and that he has been working here for 30 years. After more small talk we had arrived.

"We're here, Belia" Bennett said

"Thank you, Bennett" I replied

Once Bennett left, I opened the doors to the dining room, it was a long table and had room for up to 50 people. In the room, there were all of the other workers in the castle. They all looked at me, to be fair I was quite young for a maid, the majority of the workers were over 30. I took a seat to the nearest empty chair.

"Hi, I'm Belia" I said to the person beside me

"I'm Pierson" the guy said

Now that I had a closer look at him, he was pretty attractive and looked a bit older than me.

"It's my first day, I just got hired for a maid position, what do you do here?"  I said

"I have a few different tasks, but my official title is guard lead, I basically help train the guards at the castle, and make sure everything is under locks" he replied

"EVERYONE RISE" one of the servants yelled

At that moment The Prince of Rome had walked into the dining room

END OF CHAPTER 4