Memories

It was quite peaceful. The wind blew through every gap in the trees, forcing the leaves to radiate a wishful sigh. It blew through the open window, along with the beautiful sunlight that was spread across the whole room.

Linda was seated on the edge of the chair, bent over a scrapbook full of images. There was the one of Blu, sitting in the cage with Jewel as they took her to the clinic for the broken wing. Another one, a photo of just Jewel half-way through the healing process. Then the wedding photos and others taken of the young ones.

It bothered Linda so much that they'd gone through all that trouble, and now Jewel was gone. In fact, if Tulio had not found Jewel in the first place, Linda would still be selling books in Moose Lake, growing older alongside her faithful companion.

"Are you ok, Linda?" Tulio emerged from his study.

Linda let out a sigh. "Yeah, I guess." She flipped another page; more photos of the family. "I just can't imagine what Blu must be going through right now, much less the chicks."

"You cared a lot about Blu. I understand," Tulio answered. "I also miss her. Remember, she is the reason we even met in the first place. Kind of, squawk-wardly."

Linda let out a chuckle. "Yeah, and you came crashing right into my glass trying to communicate with Blu. You slipped on the ice."

They both gave a hearty laugh. That memory would never grow old.

"You know," Linda mentioned, "I miss my old home town. I wonder how the store is doing under the new management."

"Why don't we take a flight, for old times sake?" Tulio asked.

Linda grinned, right as Blu and the family landed in the window. "Well, it looks like the gang's back together."