Flashback:

Eterna Forest, Sinnoh

Firefighers and Police cars littered the area as the blaze became less intense and died out. Dawn was casually watching the news when she saw the fire at Eterna forest through the tv. Ash covered the place. She didn't much care. Not after what happened a week ago she had to cry herself to sleep every night. Trying to convince herself that Ash hadn't left because of her. She had mostly zoned until her mother snapped her fingers next to Dawn's ear getting her attention. "What," Dawn asked annoyed. "Look," her mother stated. And so she did and couldn't believe her eyes. The charred body of the Boy she loved with Pikachu and the pendant, the pendant he had crushed. Dawn began to cry even harder missing Ash's warm embrace and the taste of his lips. A taste she would probably never taste again. The News continued saying that Giovanni, the Boss of Team Rocket had started it, but Dawn wasn't listening she was too busy running out the door and flying to Eterna Forest. 

Present: 

Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh

Dawn was watching the news. She did this every morning now. It was part of her routine, ever since the the forest fire 3 years ago. She looked and saw that there was a Pokemon Masters tournament happening in six months. She would discuss that with the rest of the gang. That's right. Ever since what happened three years ago they had become even closer because of Ash's death. Brock had said "Ash is the glue that binded us all, but now that he's gone we'll bind each other." She never would admit it to the others she missed Ash so much that she started talking to the  several pictures she had of him on her room wall. But she knew that Ash would not return.

Flashback:

Viridian City, Kanto

"Honey, did you see the news," Blue called out to Green. "No," Green answered back, "what's going on," "Come down," the spiky haired trainer emerged from their room. "Look," Blue pointed at the tv. Most notably at the charred corpse. "Is that..." Green was cut off. "Yea," Blue confirmed. "Imagine if Red saw this," Green wondered aloud, "I wouldn't want to be Red," Blue muttered as she slipped into the warm embrace of her husband.

Present Day: 

Green was watching the news. His son Gary had come home for the first time in two years for his 18th birthday. Both Blue and Gary were asleep as Green watched the news, he was flicking through the different channel's until something caught his eyes. It talked about a Pokemon Masters tournament that was taking place in the Kalos region. 'Kalos,' Green thought. Last time he had been there he had been 20 when he went to help the Kalos dex holders fight Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde. That was right before he married Blue. Green watched with interest but the entire time he was thinking one thing 'is Red going to go?' It had been 15 years since Red Ketchum's disappearance and many stories had been made up regarding his disappearance. Some stories claim that he had been kidnapped by pirates, other stories say that as one last revenge Giovanni had killed Red. That name. Giovanni. Green had no idea how how Giovanni was still alive. Silver had killed Giovanni himself. That didn't make any sense. Bu what made even less sense what that at the fire of Eterna Forest Giovanni had been sighted by the Police, he was supposedly cornered but when the cops went closer they found that Giovanni wasn't there at all and that he had just vanished. Any attempt to try and track Giovanni had been stopped because they were trying to track a ghost. Wherever they thought he was he just magically disappeared. 

Ilex Forest, Johto

Silver came back to this exact spot once every day at the same time exactly. This was where the leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni had his final stand. The crater was still in the ground but now overgrown. Giovanni was his father and Silver had killed him. The blood was on his hands. Even if Silver had promised to take down Team Rocket and defeat his father but Silver never meant to kill his father. It was his father. Even if Giovanni was the most evil man alive, they were still family. But he had been extremely confused when Giovanni was spotted by the Police at Eterna Forest in the Sinnoh region three years ago. He talked to Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and they said that they would look into criminal activity that could involve Team Rocket in the Sinnoh region. Maybe it was as Sird had said. Maybe Silver was destined to walk a path of darkness and there would be no return.