6 ─── mum of one

𝘪 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘮 𝘪 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶(ghosting, txt)

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘮 𝘪 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶
(ghosting, txt)

   GETTING KISSED BY Marcus Baker was the last thing Marigold had ever expected would happen to her. Marcus Baker, in all his glory, has his hands cupped tightly around her face, his lips planted firmly on her lips. Marigold's first thought should be to push him off but instead, she allows him to kiss her.

   She's never been kissed before. This is her first. In her fifteen years of life, she always imagined her first kiss to be magical; something out of a book or a film. She always imagined her first kiss to be with someone she loved. Not Marcus Baker. Anyone but Marcus Baker. He's her brother's best friend. He's off-limits.

She doesn't know if she's doing it right or not but she puts her hands on his face as he has his on hers. She tiptoes to get a better angle but not before she realises that she's still atop the skateboard. She slips and falls into Marcus' chest, the board once again slipping away from her.

"That would be the second time now that you have tried to kill me on a skateboard," is the first thing she thinks of to say, to save herself from the embarrassment. "You really want me to die, huh?"

   Marigold pushes herself off Marcus, running to catch the still moving skateboard. Is this how it's supposed to be feel after a first kiss? Awkwardness? Marigold presumes that it's only awkward because she doesn't think that neither of them expected it to happen. She, reluctantly, begins to make her way back to Marcus, not knowing what to say or do.

   "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me," Marcus apologises, Marigold hoping it would be anything but that. "Can we call it quits for today?"

"You don't just get to kiss me and then call it quits," Marigold spits out, unable to believe the words he had uttered. "You're such a fucking dick, Baker. I hope you get caught sneaking back into the school."

Marigold doesn't wait to hear his response, clutching the skateboard tight in her hands and running off into the night. Is she hurt? Yes. Was she hoping he was feeling something? Anything? No, but that doesn't give him the right to just kiss her then apologise then want to leave.

   She slips into her room, locking the window and closing the curtain behind her. She leans the skateboard against the wall. She steps out of her trainers and climbs into her bed.

She didn't want to think about Marcus. She just wants to forget that they ever interacted with each other but her mind wouldn't let her. In the dark, she finds her fingers tracing her lips, the lips that once had Marcus Baker attached to them. As first kisses go, that wasn't a bad one. Sure, it wasn't as magical as Marigold hoped it would be but that doesn't mean if was a bad kiss. All Marigold could think of was the way Marcus had held her face like she would shatter into fragments if he had let her go.